“Bad experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ordered filet mignon which had melted cheese on it for $26.95 When the cheese was removed to view the filet, there was a large nerve in the meat. The waitress was very polite and apoligized and return it to the kitchen. The owner "chef" then came out and got in my face asking me what was wrong with the meat. He caused a scene at my table. I told him that this was the first place I ordered a filet at that price that was subpar. He said I probably had the end cut. I think he should stay out of the kitchen. First time there and never again. The restaurant does not present well either. Worn carpets, close tables where you can hear other conversation, no privacy. Small complex, hole in the wall type place. I always like to try new places for my family and thought with all the good reviews how could I go wrong....well I did. Don't waste your money.

3  Thank Polly V

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A group of 5 of us came here on a Thursday night for dinner. We had made a reservation and we all arrived at different times over a half hour period. We had drinks at our table while we waited for everyone to show up. Never felt rushed by the waiters.We ordered appetizers which came quickly and were very good.We ordered or dinners after the appetizers arrived. I ordered fried mozzarella for my app. and had the veal francaise for dinner. Both were delicious. Through out the night the owner(and chef) walked through the restaurant and stopped and chatted with the diners. We stayed for more than 2 hours and never felt rushed.Our waitress was very attentive and had a good knowledge of the menu and how the food is prepared when we asked a question.

This place is definitely a must try. You will love it

1  Thank GoldenGuinea
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been here quite a few times and always enjoyed the food. Made a reservation for a special night out for the piano room. We arrived early only to be told it was over booked and that the food on the other side was the same. No compensation was offered, not even a glass of wine. So much for the customer being right.

1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I live in Atlanta and I visit family in Milford once a year. It is official I can't come to CT without going to nellos. The food is fresh and sauces homemade. Joe was our server and he was able to get the Chef to make exactly what we wanted. (extra mozzarella or spicy marinara) we ordered the tortellini and the shrimp Charlie. As you can see the portions are huge and the price fair. We ate it all couldn't put out forks down!!! Also get the Gorgonzola cheese balsamic dressing.... So so good!!

My godmother lives here and comes often ... And I agree I can't come to Milford without a taste of nellos. A trip just isn't complete!!!!

1  Thank StephanieC799
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed Nellos. First time we tried it based on reviews. We sat in the bar and enjoyed are dinner. Great fresh tasting food. Ood service and a great low key atmosphere with a piano player to boot. Old school local family style place. We will be back. Especially since the portions are large and prices are very reasonable. A food choice for old school italian