“Exceeds expectations every time”

Fratelli's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 263 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My husband and I dined at Nello's pretty frequently when we lived in Milford. Since we moved to central CT almost 4 years ago, we still make the tripdown just for Nello's. Yes, the restaurant is small, but it has charm and character-very cozy. I'd suggest a reservation if you're dining on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday evening. The waitstaff has always been friendly, professional and attentive. Food does take a little longer to come out, but it's worth it as it IS made to order and always fresh. In fact, they did away with a pasta dish my husband used to order, but they'll still make it upon request. Broccoli bread is fanstastic, as is the regular bread they bring out warm with butter-and they're always happy to refill when you need another. The house balsamic gorgonzola is by far the BEST dressing I've ever had. Even if you're not into salad, this dressing will make you clean your plate. I highly reccommend visiting on a pasta special night and ordering the ravioli.

3  Thank Jaime M

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have lived in Milford for over 7 years and passed Nello's a number of times. Last night was the night I decided to try it. I read the online reviews (of course who knows which are real vs. phony) and took a chance. If you like small spaces, this place is for you. The tables are very close together. The service was good, however I was disappointed to hear that there were specials after my order was placed. I heard the specials from the waitress that was taking care of the table next to ours. The best item about the meal was the bread. It waswarm, fresh and you had a choice between a plain Italian or stuffed with a broccoli spread. Water glasses were not refilled until it was time to leave. We ordered a hot clam appetizer while the sauce was good, the clams were cold. We both ordered the same fish entree for the main dish and it was okay. I decided to treat myself and have dessert . I chose a chocolate dessert. It tasted like a Ring Ding. The cake was dry and the mousse that was inside was so stiff, it came out of the middle of the cake in a big ball. Obviously it was in the fridge for some time. We happen to dine at Nello's on Friday and the piano player was present. However there was a mix of music, WEBE 108 playing and the piano music. Pat Benetar and classical piano do not mix :)

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Nello's serves very well prepared Italian dishes. Portions are generous and the service is quite good. Very . The best eggplant parmigiana I've ever had. Good drinks and wine. Nello's offers consistently great tasting food at very reasonable prices.

1  Thank TravelLover63
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Call ahead for a reservation. They serve broccoli bread with the meal and the food is cooked to order and the owner grows his own tomatoes right outside the place and makes his own sauce. Need I say more! Service can be a bit slow but it's not the waitresses they are very attentive it's is because each meal is being make at a time. Great atmosphere and worth the wait there is even piano music some nights, very romantic yet casual enough to enjoy solo. Very popular with the local beach/boating crowd.

1  Thank Catherine L
Reviewed November 24, 2011

A great little neighborhood restaurant with wonderful food at reasonable prices. We went there for the first time a week ago and will go back again.

1  Thank bayforest3205