“Wonderful dining experience!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Friends of ours brought us to this place and we had a truly outstanding dinner. Great food, great wine, great service, great ambience, the works. We went on a beautiful early summer evening and enjoyed the outdoor seating area in the back, but the inside was just as lovely. I recommend this restaurant very highly.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank RandomNina

Milford, Connecticut
“If you really want to taste something”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've had dinner and drinks her multiple times. Many of the tapas are outstanding and offer true honest flavours of the Basque region. The entrees are equally excellent, especially the paella (which is a bit less typical Basque, but who cares).

The owner/waiter couldn't be more French and will make you feel comfortable and is likely to make a few funny comments in a typical French manner (and that's good).

Cocktails are very tasty and their wine recommendations are great too. Sometimes they will have bottles not on the list if you have any specific preferences for a grape or flavour.

A must go if you love food or happen to be in Milford.

In the summer there is a very nice small outside area in the back.

Go once, and I'm sure you'll be back!

• Visited November 2013
Milford, Connecticut
“A class act in Milford”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants. The atmosphere and food are delicious. I especially love the back patio room.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Woodmonter
“Was delicious! ”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Went on a date night. The waiter was very charismatic with a French accent. He was very helpful in making recommendations. Had a bottle of wine with our meal, just a Malbec. For a salad the duck frisée was excellent. Appetizer/tapas we had the goat cheese bruschetta which was very yummy. Dinner I would recommend the Cazuela de mariscos, was amazing just wish it came over linguine. Next time I go I want to strictly try the tapas because everyone raves about. Only complaint is that it was pricey but if you only do it as a once in a while night then why not. Enjoy!

1 Thank LindsayCSC
Helsinki, Finland
“Authentic Spanish experience”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Bistro Basque has definitely earned it's certificate of excellence for a reason. It is by far one of the best restaurants in Milford area! I was here on New Year's Eve and the place was packed. We had to wait for about 15 minutes before being seated, so we sat down at the bar and the wonderful manager, who spoke with a lovely accent, brought us drinks while waiting. Now here comes the only complaint: my aperol spritz wasn't done correctly (it had Sprite instead of prosecco & soda so it was extremely sweet), but I'm willing to let it go because I suppose the bartender had heard me wrong in the first place :)

The atmosphere with Spanish music made me believe I was somewhere in Spain for a moment. The service was great and the staff were very professional. The food was fresh and delicious and very authentic, we loved everything from our entrees to dessert! I definitely will come back!

Tip: I recommend ordering different tapas plates to share! 2-3 per person depending on how hungry you are.

• Visited December 2013