All reviews new haven front desk desk area separate sitting area nice room french toast late at night mini fridge clean hotel watch tv breakfast was included up to date rooms are large yogurt i highly recommend this hotel hot breakfast excellent stay
Reviewed July 8, 2010

This hotel is very conveniently located off of I95, on an industrial type road. Parking is plentiful and the hotel lobby is clean and well appointed. There is a nice common area to work, eat or relax. The exercise room is sufficient. They have decent food and a good selection of beer and wine. The rooms are tremendous. Large rooms with a gigantic couch and living room type area, large beds and big HD Televisions. The bathrooms are clean and sized appropriately. If you are looking for a hotel that is clean, relatively stylish with very comfortable large rooms and you don't necessarily need to stroll outside of the hotel for a walk at night then this is a perfect hotel for you.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Whenever I'm at my client in Bridgeport, I make the extra drive to stay at this Hyatt Place in Milford. It's always clean and the entire front desk staff is pleasant and accommodating.

I saw the poster below complain about the noise. I'll admit I've never experienced the same problem but I always have a room on a higher floor. They had storms in the area earlier in the year and residents from the area stayed in the hotel for several days so it was packed. I still didn't experience any uncontrolled residents

What I don't like about Hyatt Place in general is that the newer ones with the hot food selections do NOT have microwaves in the rooms (they do have refrigerators). It's obviously an attempt to force you to purchase their mediocre, at best, and over priced food selections. $4 for a quarter bowl of lukewarm chicken noodle soup?!?!?! Really?!?!? Yuck Hyatt!

I'm a "road warrior" and like to hit the local grocery for lean cuisine, etc. The no microwave thing is a HUGE turnoff. But I always stay here because the staff is so attentive to me and that sofa in the room isn't one of those cheap, hurt your bottom kind. It's actually comfortable! I LOVE sitting there watching the nice flat screen, even though my soup is cold!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2010

The front desk and cleaning staff at the hotel need some training and quality management.

I have stayed at all of the Hyatt Places/Regency/Summerfield Suites in CT, and at 30 other Hyatt Place's, and they are all beautiful properties. The rooms are well appointed, the breakfast is generally good, and the prices are reasonable. Here, however, the staff was the biggest disappointment.

In our room the bathroom light was burnt out, the faucet was broken on the sink, and the sheets weren't clean. All this would be OK had I not checked in at midnight and had to leave at 6AM. By the time I packed back up, got a new room, and went to bed it wouldn't have been worth the hassle.

In the morning I went to use a gift card and the front desk clerk told me they don't work at Hyatt Place's....despite it saying "Hyatt Place" right on it. Turns out they do (shocking!) but he needed his manager to do it for him, only he was the ONLY staff member in the hotel, so I had to leave the gift card with him and trust that he didn't lose it and call back later to make sure it went through.

I try and look past the little things in life, but having a well trained staff that can clean, maintain the rooms, and check me out are kinda important and go a long way at making or breaking a stay. In my opinion this hotel needs a new manager and the staff needs some more training to get up to par with the Hyatt standard.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank cxw44
Reviewed May 1, 2010

We were pleaseatly surprised when we arrived at the hotel. We were greeted and checked in very quickly. Our room was very nice, with a big plasm tv, sectional couch, kitchen area. The bed was very comfortable and since we were with our 1 yr old baby we settled in early and were asleep at about 9 pm. We were woken up at 9:40 by a group of children baseball players in town for a tournament. They were in the hot tub yelling and screaming and slamming doors. We figured we would not complain because the hot tub was going to close in a few minutes. Then ten oclock came around and we heard the desk staff tell everyone it was ok he was going to keep the pool open as long as they want. This is when we called the front desk to complain.I felt bad but I didnt want my daughter to get woken up. I asked the front desk if at least he could open the doors to the weight room and hot tub so they would not keep slaming them. I was told he would ask them to keep it down and not slam the doors. I had to call back 3 more times and I finally went to the front desk at midnight. The Kids parents were in the lobby having a birthday party for someone and at that time they went and talked to the kids. The noise did not stop until at least 12:30. We were fortunate that at least my daughter was not woken up.

In the morning, my father-in-law in the next r0om, said he had also called the desk several times to complain. When I went to the lobby in the morning there was a different person working and he ask me how my night was. When I explained it to him, he said I should have called the desk and asked to change rooms. I request to talk to a manager who was not in, being that it was Sunday morning. Before we left, the manager did come in and said he felt realy bad that we had a bad experience and would take something off our bill. He took a whole 20 dollars off, unfortunantly my wife paid the bill because I would have told him to keep it. I will never stay at hyatt place again which is really sad because it is a very great value and a beautiful room and hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank swe68
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We just needed someplace for overnight. We had stayed at a Hyatt Place in Orlando and really enjoyed it.
Check in was quick. Room was clean (although the closet door was off the track). Great big screen tv. Hotel was right off the highway.
The free continental breakfast could have had more variety, but the cost of bacon and eggs was very reasonable.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple