“Great Value in the New Haven Area”

Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Herndon, Virginia, United States
“Great Value in the New Haven Area”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you are visiting New Haven and don't need to be right downtown, this choice just off Exit 40 of the Connecticut Turnpike is a great value. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, and a full breakfast is included. My wife and I enjoyed our stay when we were in the New Haven area, visiting family and old friends.

Room Tip: Pretty much any room is a good choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just came back from staying their this weekend; 1st room we checked into was clean and look presentable. Went to take a shower at 11pmish and the entire curtain rod fell completely off the wall. Thankfully it missed my head but it did hurt a little falling. Immediately went to front desk and explained what happened; was told this has happened before and they immediately gave us a new room next store. Mr. Walter was a great guy who was very helpful. (works nites i guess) Make sure to ask for menus to restaurant in area that will deliver to hotel; helps late at night if u get hungry and do not want to drive. Did not try the galley menu partly due to high prices for items and small portions you receive. Was disappointed the whirlpool spa was not opened due to ceiling collapsing months earlier; this should be posted on website or guests should be made aware upon check-in. Some of the channels on tv did not come in but the couch was very comfortable. Would definetly try another hyatt place when looking for a hotel.

Room Tip: Ice machines are located on 3rd and 5th floors. AVoid those floors and everything should be quite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and stay only complaint is the walls are kind thin so I could hear when people ran up and down ye hall and slammed the bathroom doors :/ but still a great hotel and beautiful rooms!! Deff will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am fast becoming a Hyatt place follower.
This stay was no different
The front desk was more than usually helpful( Jordan)
I remain pleased by the fresh fruit at breakfast. This is the best "motel" breakfast I have come address. I love having a fridge and good TV.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Can I just say that CT is beautiful? Anyhow - we were at the start of our vacation and this was our first overnight stay. Our first night ended up being our best sleep yet. The hotel room was gorgeous...the layout and amenities in the room was fantastic. The bed was super comfortable and my fiancee had to be talked out of stealing the pillows! LOL. We were on the ground floor close to the lobby and the the lobby was full of people who seemed to be on a hockey tournament trip or something...and while in our room - we didn't hear them at all!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed January 29, 2013

What I like most about this hotel is all the rooms are suite size. This property has extra large rooms. A King room comes with a bar and sink area with minifridge, desk, corner couch with pullout, large TV, a slightly separated bedroom with a comfortable bed, a large counter and sink area for the bathroom, and a closet. I really liked the way the room was set up and the large living space. They even included nice things like a cordless phone, and a throw blanket. The outlets by the bedside were unusable because the nightstand was bolted to the wall and covered the outlet, so I couldn't charge my phone next to the bed. The rooms were like-new and nice. The TV didn't have very many channels.

I tried 5 different foods on the menu plus breakfast during my stay and the food was nothing special at all. They were also out of a menu item I wanted and didn't let me know until the other item I ordered was ready. I wouldn't order off the menu if I stayed again.

Check-in was great! The front desk staff was excellent and this was the first hotel where I was offered a quick tour. I was impressed. The whirlpool didn't work during my stay, and because of this the fire alarm went off for about 20 minutes during the malfunction. Inside the room you could hear people travelling out from the stairs, talking, walking, and housekeeping vacuuming in nearby rooms. The location is convenient and there are a lot of restaurants nearby and a mall right around the corner, also easy-on/off to I-95.

Overall this is a great hotel and I would return if in the area, it is a good value.

Room Tip: front facing rooms nothing special view-wise, top floor nice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in the hotel to get off the snow covered roads. The room was fine and the staff was friendly but we left our dogs in the car to avoid the $200 pet fee and were then charged the fee anyway when the manager saw us walking our dogs in the morning. No one said anything to us while we were there but I noticed the charge on our credit card was higher than expected and when we called both the hotel and Hyatt Gold Passport customer service they could not issue a credit because the manager refuses to do so and Hyatt customer service can not override this. I was also overcharged $540 at another Hyatt Place in PA for a night I was not there (now being corrected). Overall poor customer service - we will never stay in another Hyatt again thanks to these two bad experiences.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MK713
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Residence Inn Milford
Residence Inn Milford
#4 of 13 in Milford
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton

Been to Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven? Share your experiences!