All reviews new haven front desk desk area separate sitting area nice room french toast late at night mini fridge clean hotel watch tv breakfast was included up to date rooms are large yogurt i highly recommend this hotel hot breakfast excellent stay
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Spent 2 nights while attending a baseball tournament - sits in an industrial area by truck stop, but you can get to a mall and restaurants in less than 5 minutes. Very convenient to 95 and New Haven. We like the roominess of these hotels and the complimentary breakfast is better than most chains - new menu of hot selections very good. Staff friendly and helpful. Observation: lighting in the tub/toilet area is a bit dim and there are no safety grab bars in tub. This might pose a challenge or potential safety issue for those with mobility or vision issue. Great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura731
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We recently stayed at Hyatt Place along with my son's baseball team tournament. We loved the large space of the guest rooms and the large High Definition TV's. Our kids enjoyed watching the NBA FInals. The staff was very friendly and allowed us to use their meeting room for a team dinner. The hotel is very clean and I loved the fact that there was a bar. We will definitely be back next year when the tournament takes place again.

Room Tip: Get the 13 and 15 Number Rooms as they are much larger.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jerry L
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stay at this hotel every week for work. The hotel is first class and the staff is great. The rooms are very well maintained and clean. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This place is a Bio-Hazard. We arrived in the evening and found that our room smelled of mold/fungus/mildew. The odor was that which would occur after a building had water damage, or if the carpets were cleaned but never allowed to dry properly. We switched rooms and the second room had the same issue. We had leave for work by 6:30AM and did not have the patience to go through a third room change.

The odor was so terrible that our lungs, mouth, throat, and tongues actually were itching and felt irritated. I thought I would be sick on several occasions. When we checked out, the rep didn't even ask us how our stay was. I filled out Hyatt's complaint form online the next day as well as responded to the survey they emailed me -- and the only response was that they would investigate. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard a thing.

Hyatt's customer service is terrible, their hotel is an atrocity, and frankly for the premium prices they charge, the stay should have been really decent. This Hotel in Milford is a disgusting place. Highly NOT recommended. Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Anthony M
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Our hotel is only 5 years old and this review is a over exaggeration of the guest's experiance. If our hotel had a issue, as this guest described, we would be closed down by the City of Milford.

Our maintained in the best manner and as a result we were awarded the best property award from Tripadvisor in 2012.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I spent 1 night in this hotel for work. Woke up covered in 100+ Bed Bug bites. I told the manger but he denied it was even possible stating we have had no other complaints. He said he would investigate. I recommend he not rent the room until they investigate it and he looked at me as if to say "don't tell me how to run my hotel". This was last Thursday. I just called back (Monday) to follow up as I am completely miserable from these bites and he said there was no findings to substantiate my complaint as other people have stayed in the room without issue. Stay away....plenty of choices near by.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business