All reviewsnew havenfront deskdesk areaseparate sitting areanice roomfrench toastlate at nightmini fridgeclean hotelwatch tvbreakfast was includedup to daterooms are largeyogurti highly recommend this hotelhot breakfastexcellent stay
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stay at this hotel every week for work. The hotel is first class and the staff is great. The rooms are very well maintained and clean. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This place is a Bio-Hazard. We arrived in the evening and found that our room smelled of mold/fungus/mildew. The odor was that which would occur after a building had water damage, or if the carpets were cleaned but never allowed to dry properly. We switched rooms and the second room had the same issue. We had leave for work by 6:30AM and did not have the patience to go through a third room change.

The odor was so terrible that our lungs, mouth, throat, and tongues actually were itching and felt irritated. I thought I would be sick on several occasions. When we checked out, the rep didn't even ask us how our stay was. I filled out Hyatt's complaint form online the next day as well as responded to the survey they emailed me -- and the only response was that they would investigate. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard a thing.

Hyatt's customer service is terrible, their hotel is an atrocity, and frankly for the premium prices they charge, the stay should have been really decent. This Hotel in Milford is a disgusting place. Highly NOT recommended. Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Anthony M
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Our hotel is only 5 years old and this review is a over exaggeration of the guest's experiance. If our hotel had a issue, as this guest described, we would be closed down by the City of Milford.

Our maintained in the best manner and as a result we were awarded the best property award from Tripadvisor in 2012.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I spent 1 night in this hotel for work. Woke up covered in 100+ Bed Bug bites. I told the manger but he denied it was even possible stating we have had no other complaints. He said he would investigate. I recommend he not rent the room until they investigate it and he looked at me as if to say "don't tell me how to run my hotel". This was last Thursday. I just called back (Monday) to follow up as I am completely miserable from these bites and he said there was no findings to substantiate my complaint as other people have stayed in the room without issue. Stay away....plenty of choices near by.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Brett N
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My daughter and I stayed one night, before taking the CT commuter rail into NYC for the day from Milford. The hotel was great! When we arrived, we were shown the selection of foods you can buy in the lobby (Starbucks coffee, snacks) and there is a bar and some apps, and pre-made salads, and sandwices. (no vending machines for soda, etc)
The room was huge, with a couch, and table, a sink and mini-fridge,and work area. This is somewhat separated from the sleeping area. Beds were comfy, TV was large. The sink area is a good size and outside of the bathroom, which seems small compared to the rest of the room, but just has the shower and toilet.
Everything was clean and in good order.
Breakfast in the morning was a little crowded. We got there at 8:30 (it runs from 7-9:30 on the weekends) There was a pretty good selection of foods...breads, bagels, donuts, along with breakfast sandwiches, fruit, juices, and cereal.
Only issue was the a/c. When we got there, the room was freezing. I finally figured out the thermostat on the wall controlled it, not the unit itself, but when I changed the temperature, it went from freezing to somewhat too warm, and the unit was pretty loud when it came on.
Overall, it was a great hotel, and a really nice room. Friendly front desk staff, and in a good location near a mall, and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with this hotel! The room was clean & comfortable. Breakfast was delicious & offered a very good selection of food. When we arrived, Ray was very welcoming & helpful, even offering us a tour of the lobby area to point out services available (breakfast area, business center, snack counter & coffee bar). Everyone was very pleasant & the hotel is very well kept! I would definitely recommend this Hyatt Place hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012