“Good hotel but different”

Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed one night and it was very clean and new. The front desk people work the small limited bar, a good use of help. The breakfast area is small but you should find something you like. There are sandwiches available at all hours. Things are done different but that does not mean it is bad it just thkes a little getting used to.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caty47

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed here just the other night for a business trip, and I was really impressed with what I saw and experienced at this property. I was surprised at how huge the room was when I walked in. Full huge sofa in the tv area, and the king size bed definitely lived up to its name. The way they have broken up the areas of the room made it feel more "homey" to me than a lot of hotels that give you one big open space.

It was clean and fully stocked with everything I needed for my one night stay (or more for that matter). I know others that have commented on this property have mentioned the odd placement of the tv in the room, which at first I agreed with. Having said that, the tv pivots and you can view it from the bed area if you like to watch tv before going to sleep.

This is the first hotel that I've stayed in that actually has a functioning alarm clock, which was helpful :) In addition to this, the shower pressure in the shower was AMAZING. After sitting in the car for almost 10 hours to get here, that water pressure really came in handy.

The check in was quick and painless, and the location about a mile from the highway was fantastic. There are lots of places to eat and a huge mall less than a mile away from the property if you have time to kill.

The breakfast in the morning was really good with indulgent and healthy options to choose from. It was the first day of their "new spread" and the staff seemed very excited about it, and were making a point to ask guests if they liked it; and for input on what might need improving which was nice.

The only complaint I have is what most people have said on here; the bed sheets weren't of the greatest caliber. You can tell they really starch and bleach the sheets (which is good for cleanliness) but can be uncomfortable at times.

Didn't eat at the restaurant on site, but did look at the menu; prices seemed very reasonable (although I didn't have the opportunity to see any food). Based on what breakfast was like, I would assume the food is decent, but again, don't want to make any definite comments about it.

Would most definitely stay here again and would absolutely recommend this property to anyone needing accommodation in the area. The price was great, and what came with the price far exceeded any expectations I had.

Kudos to the staff and management at this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators (I always do this when travelling) and not facing the parking...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was in doubt about Hyatt, I never wanted to stay at this brand. But Hyatt Place blows me away. It was all newly renovated, and everwhere is very clean. The continental breakfast is a plus too! Room is spacious, and all interiors are up to date. The towels are clean, and it feels comfortable. I think it should be at least a 3.5 star hotel! We went to the shopping mall close by, and eat at Panera bread in the mall, but it feels not a very good neighborhood.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dailywalkder0901
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here 2-19-12 after weekend at Foxwoods.Staff was excellent.Breakfast was an added bonus.Would highly recommend this place to all.5 Star Staff and room.Thanks Walt and Joanne

Room Tip: We were next to work out room on 1st floor.was quiet ,clean and we loved seating area w/42 in. tv
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We have stayed there for a long time. Room was big and nice. Unfortunately, some foods were stolen twice by the cleaning staff. (most likely)
We told this story to a front desk representative and he said he would find out who did. After that, we haven't heard anything from them.
They need to learn how to treat their valuable customers.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyattplace190, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Our Housekeepers threw out old Takeout Food that was left in bags next to trash can's. Typically, when a guest puts any bags with old food next to trash bin, which is full, it is our understanding that guest's wants Housekeeping to throw out item while cleaning the room.

This guest did not report any problem until checkout. We apologized to guest, as it was our misunderstanding not to throw away any garbage items left in plastic bag next to a full trash bin.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Our family was traveling from Florida to Boston and we just happened to find this hotel luckily off I-95. The thing that caught our attention was that te hotel was extremely well light and the facility looked new.

Once we entered the hotel we were amazed by the lobby and the decor of the hotel. The staff was friendly enough to show us the facility and the guest room, which was even more amazing. My kids enjoyed the large TV in the room and how big it was. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Very nice hotel. Highly recommended. (we had some issues with noise while here over New Years but that's not the hotel's fault-they dealt with it quickly and professionally).

Room Tip: If staying over New Year's Eve....request a room away from the parking lot and lobby!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mikeypaw1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Residence Inn Milford
#3 of 13 in Milford
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Milford

Been to Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven? Share your experiences!