All reviewsnew havenfront deskdesk areaseparate sitting areanice roomfrench toastlate at nightmini fridgeclean hotelwatch tvbreakfast was includedup to daterooms are largeyogurti highly recommend this hotelhot breakfastexcellent stay
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Milford Hyatt Place was the same as other Hyatt Places. Clean, efficient customer service, and decent upscale room. Nothing to overwhelm you with on the bad or good side, but consistent professional experience. The room was nice, except for the dark bathroom where eco friendly lights are too eco and not friendly enough for the guest's eyes. Otherwise a very nice stay and no-hassle convenience and comfort.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Staff are well trained, and quite professional. Check in and out was fast and accurate. Did not sleep a wink all night. The walls are thin and heard banging around all night from other rooms. I was in a king room. The bed was TOO big for the room and to get to one side of the bed had to literally cross over the bed (wonderful for a sleeping spouse). They had a confusing breakfast arrangement. You could get a hot meal but you had to order it and then (I guess) they nuke a pre-made meal for you. Sounds horribly unappetizing so I passed. All in all at 119.00 a night I will never stay it this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DavidJames1234
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at Hyatt Place for two nights during a recent business trip. After the first night I woke up in the morning with painful bed bug bites. This has never happened to me before, but from what i understand it's a common problem for hotels in the NYC/CT area. I reported this to the general manager because I wanted to ensure that other visitors would not suffer the same affliction. He proceeded with a long explanation as to why it could not have happened ("we've had no reports", "we get Terminex treatments monthly", etc). No apologies offered, no thank you for letting us know, no we'll look into it, no nothing. Total denial, leaving me to believe that the next guest can expect the same infestation. I reported this to Hyatt corporate, no response after 48 hours. So if you stay at this place or any Hyatt, be sure to check the beds for "room mates". Bring a can of Raid. And leave the light on.

Room Tip: Look out for bed bugs.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank M692
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Nice place, comfortable bed and room except for issues with temperature control (not consistent) with great internet. Free breakfast choices were OK, but coffee and hot selection (sausage gravy and biscuits) were only luke warm. Location and price were good for where I was working. Employees were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We needed a reliable, comfortable hotel off 95 during a long road trip. I looked along 95 from Stamford to Mystic. Hyatt Place, milford was very reasonable. not far off the highway, but quiet. The room was spacious and clean. I was worried about a perfume-y smell from other reviews, but it was fine. There is a snack bar with sandwiches,etc, open all night. Check-in was automated via a swipe-machine. It was easy, but I dont' know what the response would have been had there been an issue. Bathroom was fine, towels thick. The one complaint I had which kept me from giving it Above Average was that the sheets were nubby, not smooth. the mattress/pillows were comfortable, the living area find, the temperature of the room- all good. so if the sheets were just normal and not terribly old feeling, it would have been great. This hotel is for driving families- within a mile or two are a bunch of restaurants and stores I think. I didn't get to use any of the amenities. The continental breakfast was nice. sunny space to eat, a nice variety of yogurt, fruit, cereal, toast, coffee.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family