All reviewsnew havenfront deskdesk areaseparate sitting areanice roomfrench toastlate at nightmini fridgeclean hotelwatch tvbreakfast was includedup to daterooms are largeyogurti highly recommend this hotelhot breakfastexcellent stay
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at Hyatt Place for two nights during a recent business trip. After the first night I woke up in the morning with painful bed bug bites. This has never happened to me before, but from what i understand it's a common problem for hotels in the NYC/CT area. I reported this to the general manager because I wanted to ensure that other visitors would not suffer the same affliction. He proceeded with a long explanation as to why it could not have happened ("we've had no reports", "we get Terminex treatments monthly", etc). No apologies offered, no thank you for letting us know, no we'll look into it, no nothing. Total denial, leaving me to believe that the next guest can expect the same infestation. I reported this to Hyatt corporate, no response after 48 hours. So if you stay at this place or any Hyatt, be sure to check the beds for "room mates". Bring a can of Raid. And leave the light on.

Room Tip: Look out for bed bugs.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank M692
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Nice place, comfortable bed and room except for issues with temperature control (not consistent) with great internet. Free breakfast choices were OK, but coffee and hot selection (sausage gravy and biscuits) were only luke warm. Location and price were good for where I was working. Employees were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We needed a reliable, comfortable hotel off 95 during a long road trip. I looked along 95 from Stamford to Mystic. Hyatt Place, milford was very reasonable. not far off the highway, but quiet. The room was spacious and clean. I was worried about a perfume-y smell from other reviews, but it was fine. There is a snack bar with sandwiches,etc, open all night. Check-in was automated via a swipe-machine. It was easy, but I dont' know what the response would have been had there been an issue. Bathroom was fine, towels thick. The one complaint I had which kept me from giving it Above Average was that the sheets were nubby, not smooth. the mattress/pillows were comfortable, the living area find, the temperature of the room- all good. so if the sheets were just normal and not terribly old feeling, it would have been great. This hotel is for driving families- within a mile or two are a bunch of restaurants and stores I think. I didn't get to use any of the amenities. The continental breakfast was nice. sunny space to eat, a nice variety of yogurt, fruit, cereal, toast, coffee.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have now stayed here four or five times and each time, have had a great room with plenty of space, a good shower and an acceptable continental breakfast (which is included). Wireless is free and there's plenty of free parking. For a business trip it's hard to beat.

There are options for diining and hot dishes at breakfast if you want too, with Starbucks coffee and a bar for the evenings.

There's a big flatscreen TV which can be angled for viewing from the lounge area or the bed. there'a a small pool and gym, but have never used either.

It's hard to fault really, excpet the fridge is noisy, so I just unplug it when I first arrive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Old Gate Lane to avoid noise from the I95
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed here one night while reviewing University of New Haven, only a few miles away, with easy access to/from interstate. Upsale feel with plenty of space. Had a suite style room with two doubles and a partially-separated area with a large, L-shaped sleeper sofa. Ammenities included in-room coffee/tea, mini fridge, hair dryer, complimentary wi-fi internet connection. Large flat screen and spacious desk area with plenty of ports (panel in the wall with electrical, usb, and many other audio/video ports). Sink /vanity outside bathroom area. Nice towels. Beds very comfortable, pillows fluffy and nice. Complimentary breakfast was pretty standard, but more than enough to get you going (fruit, cereal, toast, pastries, yogurt). You can order more from a small menu if you prefer. Most importantly, the entire property was very clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family