All reviews new haven front desk desk area separate sitting area nice room french toast late at night mini fridge clean hotel watch tv breakfast was included up to date rooms are large yogurt i highly recommend this hotel hot breakfast excellent stay
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I was traveling on business and decided to stay at the Hyatt Place in Milford CT. I had never experienced this Hyatt concept and was a bit disapointed about the stay. I was greated by the front desk and offered a quick tour of the hotel offerings. They have a small bar/eatery connected to the front desk that serves drinks & food. They also have a 24 hour mart that you can pick some small food items at. The lobby area was trendy and had several seating configurations to allow for private conversations.

The room was a standard king and it was more than enough space for one person. The living space had a large L shape couch, a desk, small kitchen. Dividing the room was a half wall screen with a large 42" tv that could be swung for viewing from the bed or living space. The bathroom was seperated into 2 spaces, a shower and toilet room and the sink was outside in the bedroom area. Overall the room was good except; There was a smell the hit me as soon as I entered the room. A smell of mold and must (much like a gym locker room) that has also been mentioned in these review's. I asked the front desk about what could be done and they claim it was due to the rain outside. Now it was raining but I believe it came from the heating/cooling system. They did add try to remove the odor by spraying a scent in the room but it did not really work. It was tough to really relax. The other issue was sound from the hall and next room. The wall's are very thin and I could hear the folks next door just talking.

The hotel does have alot going for it and I will give it another chance as I travel frequently to this area. I hope they can address the smell issue.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank travelerUSA21
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed in a two full suite for one night. Found a coupon for $95/nt here on tripadvisor..walk-ins only. Took the risk and drove from NY. Check in was easy, fast and friendly. Nice big room. Lots of towels. Weird sink set up for friends, better for a couple. The only thing was the odor! They pipe in some "hotel fragrance" through the entire hotel! It was a bit overpowering. My friend smelled mildew in our room (203) but I couldn't smell it over the other stuff. They have a lot of business amenities and a bar. They sell pastries and drinks in the lobby as well. The front desk staff was soo nice and accommodating I felt they belonged at a 5 star resort. I would stay again for the price.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This is as nice as any other Hyatt Place really. The location is quiet enough and clean and safe enough. Its right near I-95 too. Its just not in a "fancy" location and doesn't have any nice views of anything. Staff are friendly and rooms are clean. Parking was also adequate. I would stay here again if it required no problem.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Disclosure: We are pre-disposed to Hyatts in general based on many experiences before. That said, this Hyatt Place is everything it could be and should be. Staff is sincerely congenial and welcoming. The manager on duty that night went well above and beyond any special assistance I can ever recall when I found myself in a bit of a jam when my Chinese takeout arrived. This particular property has the pool design just right for adults - - one big hot tub (sorry, kids). The place is 4 years old but it still looks brand new. I'm not sure why anyone would go to Milford, but if you do, this is the clear choice: clean, modern, big rooms, big tv, free breakfast, free business center, great lobby bar...

Room Tip: upper floor, view of the highway
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4-star-traveler1952
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place hotel. The concept is great and I'll definitely become a frequent visitor. The rooms were clean and spacious, the breakfast buffet was delicious, and the service was perfect. I loved that I could get a beer at their small bar, a hot meal at the cafe and a cookie at the little "bakery". Very convenient.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business