All reviews new haven front desk desk area separate sitting area nice room french toast late at night mini fridge clean hotel watch tv breakfast was included up to date rooms are large yogurt i highly recommend this hotel hot breakfast excellent stay
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place hotel. The concept is great and I'll definitely become a frequent visitor. The rooms were clean and spacious, the breakfast buffet was delicious, and the service was perfect. I loved that I could get a beer at their small bar, a hot meal at the cafe and a cookie at the little "bakery". Very convenient.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank EddieMc2011
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Long overdue, I've stayed here many times when I needed to be close to my university's campus in New Haven rather than commuting back to Manhattan. This place is a bargain!! The hotel features free wifi service, newspapers and apples to grab if on-the-go. The rooms are all spacious and well laid out (sometimes you can hear the traffic from the highway, usually NOT). For the room comfort, etc., you're getting a 3.5- to 4-star room at a 2-star price. They feature a separate area with a desk, couch/lounge area to entertain, wet bar, sink (I recall) and fridge with a large flat screen TV. That section of the room is slightly partitioned away from the bed (I think the other part of the room has a second TV), closet and bathroom area. Though there is no room service, the area next to the front desk features a number of simple food options, along with a cafe (coffee to foo-foo drinks) and bar area, which is available 24 hours daily (great because you can just buy your coffee there and be on your way, rather than making another stop at a coffee shop). There is a small "business center," though I am hesitant to call it that, and comfy sitting areas scattered throughout the modest-sized lobby with TV with the news on. Pool and gym facilities (if I recall) are also available on the 1st floor. The hotel is located right off the Post Road (a.k.a. Route 1), in a somewhat dodgy area (it really only looks that way) but easily accessible to I-95. The staff, from the 8+ times I have stayed here, have ALWAYS been quite pleasant and surprisingly professional given the low room rate I had continually paid.

***A suggestion: If you are a frequent traveler, who will be staying in the area on a regular basis, I highly recommend signing-up with Hyatt's Gold Passport loyalty program. With the room rates as inexpensive as they usually are, I found it quite easy to reach elite status and receive a variety of perks because of it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Trekkingtheglobe_10
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I travel 3 to 4 days per week and this is one of my favorite hotels. The staff is warm, friendly and always ready to assist. The rooms are spacious and clean - and the breakfast is great. I won't stay anywhere else in Milford! Thanks Denise and team!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Austin_chiefkat
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Milford while doing research up the road in New Haven. Compared to hotels in New Haven, the Hyatt Place in Milford offers better amenities at less cost if you're willing to make just a 15-minute drive. The design and decor are great. The lobby is modern and sleek. A bamboo screen divides the bed/bath space from the lounge/kitchen/study space. The desk is comfortable, with free wi-fi. Rooms have mini-fridges. I enjoyed having the nice L-shape couch to come home to after a hard day's work, as I don't like to watch TV in bed. Parking was easy, the highway's right there, and the machines in the fitness center are modern (heads up that there's only cardio, no dumbbells or bands).

The kicker, unfortunately, is that the rooms (at least the two that I was in) had a pretty strong odor of - and this sounds mean but it's the most accurate I can do - wet socks or gym clothes. The first night, I asked for another room because of this issue and was informed that the hotel was booked. When I asked the next morning at 9', though, they had another room clean and ready for me to move into. (Other than this one inconsistency, though, I have to reiterate how warm and professional the staff was otherwise.) The second room, also on the 5th floor, had the same scent. Maybe try another floor if you stay here? I got Febreze air spray and candles, left the door open when I could, and ran the fan constantly, and it was manageable, but I probably wouldn't stay here again. Which is a disappointment, because otherwise, it's a wonderful value and place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Millcaro
Reviewed August 24, 2010

from the staff, decor, cleanliness, price, breakfast, it is the best. My sister stayed at the Hilton down the street and she liked this decor much better, upscale and trendy, and we didn't have to pay for breakfast. AC is near the bed so you direct it elsewhere. That is my only complaint. Spoke to a person who is there alot and he said it's like home.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple