“Top of the line Service! Fantastic Food!”
Review of Jeffrey's

Jeffrey's
Ranked #166 of 250 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Gate Lane
Stamford Ct
“Top of the line Service! Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My love of Jeffrey's goes back many years. I've been going to this restaurant for over 12 years. The food is absolutely exceptional but I want to comment in this review on the top notch service you will get here. Here is a story to prove that:

In February of 2014, I proposed to my girlfriend and as part of the proposal extravaganza I had arranged to have dinner at Jeffrey's, the place where she and I had our first date. I had also arranged to have both our parents waiting inside for us. I called ahead and worked with Fancesco to coordinate seating at the best table in the house, to let them know our preferred champagne (which the special ordered) and they even offered to help in delivering an additional surprise I had for my Fiance during the dinner (a surprise trip to Paris to celebrate!).

To add to the excitement of the day, there was a huge snowstorm. I wasn't sure if the restaurant would remain open as it was a Monday. I called and they assured me they would stay open for us. Further, as our evening went on and we were the only ones in the restaurant they let us stay and chat and enjoy our moment. We were there over 4 hours and didn't feel rushed and they never missed a beat with the service.

It was truly a special day for me that I'll never forget and I am so thankful to the entire Jeffrey's staff for making it as special as it was.

Whether you are there for a casual dinner or a special occasion you can always expect the best in service and gourmet food from Jeffrey's.

It rivals many of the top restaurants in Greenwich, New Canaan, etc. Do yourself a favor, and check it out!

Food Tips: Rack of Lamb & Calamari

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank MiddKid06

Milford, Connecticut
“Average at best”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have lived in Milford for 5 years and never tried Jeffrey’s. I had heard great things about it, but I was let down. The service was great, but the food was not. It was average and lacked flavor. The décor is a bit outdated as well. This place is expensive for the quality of food they are serving. I would suggest a few other places in town that are great, or head to New haven, there are tons of great places. Skip Jeffrey’s.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank doms1214
albie02
“hell no please don't go”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is one of the most overpriced disappointments we have dined at in a long time. Worst it was an occasion. The food was barely warmed. The shrimp was stuffed with a questionable
seafood stuffing that didn't appear to be cooked. The potatoes were very good... that's about it.
When we arrived we were put in a lovely room that was empty as we decided to have dinner early. Non the less a family was immediately sat at the nearest table instead of giving some space as the opportunity was there. The desert was the worst if things couldn't get any worse. We waited over a half hour for the desert and as you can see by the picture, creamy the rice pudding was NOT! Was it really worth waiting for??? I think not. We were not thanked for dining there. Instead of drinks all around,,,, it was a very bad experience all around. Four forks down would be my rating.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank albie02
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just mediocre food. Very disappointing.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

The prices are way too high for the quality of the food that is being served. We had the pan seared calamari appetizer which was not edible. The calamari was very chewy, very small and the broth they came with was a tasteless soup. As entrees we had the baked scallops with gorgonzola cheese. Half of this dish was very good (the scallops with gorgonzola cheese), the other half - steamed vegetables and rice was tasteless. The second entree was the duck - very dry, over-cooked and no t seasoned. Again the vegetables this dish came with were tasteless. A complete disaster. When asked by the manager/owner how was the dinner, we shared our impressions. He just decided to ignore our comments. A very disappointing dinner experience.

• Visited January 2014
West Haven, Connecticut
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went to Jefferies for a holiday lunch with a friend and two daughters. Choose the restaurant because we had purchased a Restaurant.com certificate and had planned to use it. Very surprised that a sign was postd that they were not honoring the certificates. After objecting, the mgr. offered one free entree which was much less in value than our certificate. With four people ordering lunch and wine, the check came to almost $90. They should have been happy to have our business. Service was clipped and rude as well. Will never go to this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013