“Just mediocre food. Very disappointing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Jeffrey's

Jeffrey's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeffrey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 248 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Gate Lane
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just mediocre food. Very disappointing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

The prices are way too high for the quality of the food that is being served. We had the pan seared calamari appetizer which was not edible. The calamari was very chewy, very small and the broth they came with was a tasteless soup. As entrees we had the baked scallops with gorgonzola cheese. Half of this dish was very good (the scallops with gorgonzola cheese), the other half - steamed vegetables and rice was tasteless. The second entree was the duck - very dry, over-cooked and no t seasoned. Again the vegetables this dish came with were tasteless. A complete disaster. When asked by the manager/owner how was the dinner, we shared our impressions. He just decided to ignore our comments. A very disappointing dinner experience.

• Visited January 2014

West Haven, Connecticut
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went to Jefferies for a holiday lunch with a friend and two daughters. Choose the restaurant because we had purchased a Restaurant.com certificate and had planned to use it. Very surprised that a sign was postd that they were not honoring the certificates. After objecting, the mgr. offered one free entree which was much less in value than our certificate. With four people ordering lunch and wine, the check came to almost $90. They should have been happy to have our business. Service was clipped and rude as well. Will never go to this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Joanne B
“My family knows fine dining now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

It was my birthday celebration so I wanted to try out Jeffrey's as I have heard much about it. There is an "Autumn Prix Fixe" menu which is a good value with four delicious offerings. The only drawback is the entire table needs to order from that menu to take advantage of the value price. Our waiter told us the portions were a little smaller than the regular a la carte menu, but you also get an appetizer and dessert with this menu so the entree portion is more than adequate.

I had the salmon entree and salad appetizer, my husband and grown children had the crab cake appetizer and beef tenderloin entree and they enjoyed every bite. One request was rare, another medium and finally one order was well done (I think that is a waste of a good piece of beef myself) and each order was done exactly to everyone's satisfaction.

When we dine out as a family when we have the opportunity to have all our grown children join us, we are usually lucky to get a time together for a short period of time and usually end up at Olive Garden or Texas Roadhouse. The food at these establishments are ok for a casual dinner but now I think I have convinced my family to enjoy a really good dinner, take the time to savor each bite and will surely return to Jeffery's.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lmprx
New York City, New York
“Delicious and accomadating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

What a beautiful view, inside and out. We were in town for a concert and were way underdressed for this place, but they did not treat us any differently from the other guests. I am a vegetarian and accidentally ordered a veggie wrap that contained sausage. Without even the slightest argument, they took the sandwich back and made me another one without the sausage. It was delicious and they did not make me feel bad for the wasted sandwich. I would also highly recommend the bloody mary!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank anderahli
Milford, Connecticut
“Over rated by many”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Has gone down hill from previous visits. Needlessly gave me a hard time (well would not accept) on a Restaurant.com certificate. I paid $10 for $25 off certificate. Terms were Min.$37.50 and two entrees. Spent $50 on quiche and a gourmet burger, but they said you had to buy two "entres" (could have gotten two for less money than I spent). Very unprofessional of them.

• Visited August 2013