“consistently excellent”

Cross street: Old Gate Lane
Oxford, Connecticut
“consistently excellent”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Have been coming here for years and am always impressed. It's got a good vibe. Staff is very professional. Seasoned waiters that are not pushing to turn the table. Food is not cheap but for the quality and the service and the cleanliness and professionalism of the staff, it's worth the money. Whether you want duck or Italian or a good steak, they get it right.

The bathrooms are clean and that means a lot to me. Right or wrong, I see a clean bathroom and I think, OK, the kitchen must be clean too.

Had dinner here the other night. Didn't reallize closing time listed on thefront door was 9PM. We were there until almost 10PM and the waiter didn't say a word. I felt guilty because I didn't know that the cut off was 9 but they waited on us like closing time was midnight.

• Visited June 2013

New York City, New York
“Excellent food/nice appointments”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Not a place I would go out of my way for, but for a local place extremely nice. The waitress was very lovely and helpful. Meal tasty. Was there for a party so could not order from menu.

• Visited April 2013
CT
“I LOVE THIS PLACE”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Jeffrey's has become one of my favorite places to dine. I love the location, the ambiance...it feels like home. In the nice weather I love sitting outside on the terrace. The wait staff has been there a long time so I recognize them and they recognize me!!! AND THE FOOD IS GREAT.

Visited April 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
“lunch”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Jeffrey's has been a favorite of mine for at least 10+ years . It is one of our " special occasion" places. Just recently I have started going for lunch. Food just as good. So fantastic. Had the fried oyster/shrimp sandwich and my daughter had the lobster club. We had the shallot fries, too. SO GOOD. I do like the wait staff in the evenings better. Felt slighted and the waitress/hostess was a little gruff. All in all still a favorite.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank jillanne23
“Great food ... Excellent service”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I really like this restaurant. The service is just impeccable! This was my first dining experience here and will not be my last. The food is delish and the menu is awesome. I can't imagine finding others that would disagree with the quality. I felt like the only diner in the restaurant even though it was crowded. The food came at a nice pace and never felt rushed. I even provided a picture of my streak, spinach gratin and risotto. Save room for dessert!! Mmmmmmm