“OK food & LOUD atmosphere”

Archie Moore's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 253 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Archie Moores has a few restaurants in New Haven County, and I've never heard a bad thing about any of them. Perhaps my expectations were set too high. My son raved about the chicken wings (or was it buffalo wings?). We found ourselves in Milford at lunchtime and he wanted me to experience Archie Moores, so we stopped by. The first and lasting impression I had was that it was LOUD. I don't recall if the ceiling was lacking acoustic tile, but if I owned that place I would investigate breaking up the sound waves somehow. The wait staff was fine. They looked a bit stressed and rushed, but it was busy so I do not fault them for that. The food was OK, but my taste buds did not experience anything outstanding. I left there wondering why Archie Moores had such a good reputation. Certainly the restaurant does not deserve a bad reputation, but I would not consider it anything above average. A few days before, we got a better meal in a quieter, warmer atmosphere for less money around the corner at the Seven Seas.

There are newer reviews for Archie Moore's Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Went with a group of 12. Service was good food was par for any chain style food and brew
Waited an hour for a table, I ordered the beer batter fried cod and "chips"
The batter was over cooked on the outside and in cooked on the inside. It was oily and the "chips" were just your usual French fries, not worth the money

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Archie Moore's is a reliable place for getting a basic meal of a sandwich and fries. The wings are good. The beer is inexpensive. The outdoor deck is a good place to be in the warmer weather.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have eaten dinner at this restaurant twice this summer with my daughter and we both had an enjoyable time. We ate outside and enjoyed the beer and food. Our waitresses have been very friendly and offered excellent service. The downtown location is good and being near the water is an asset.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I used to frequent this place pretty regularly, and the food was pretty good -- especially the wings which are touted as the best in the state.

Not this time.

On my last visit, I found the food to be dried out, over-cooked and bland. The wings were drippy and not as good as they once were, and I have had much better elsewhere.

Don't believe the hype.