“Delicious Food and Huge Portions”
Review of Lasse's Restaurant

Lasse's Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 262 Restaurants in Milford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This land mark restaurant in the Devon section of Milford, Ct continues to WOW customers. We ( 7) of us were there last night for my son's 31 st Birthday. Two of us had the Prime Rib which was ordered medium rare and medium and was cooked to perfection. Real nice size and juicy. All our entrees came with salad, potato and vegetable. Get the fries and you can upgrade from a salad to homemade soup for $2... Get the French onion. My wife had the Spicy Seafood Jambalya and loved it, huge portion. My other son had the beer battered fish and chips and thought it terrific. His wife had the Fried seafood combination Dinner and loved it too. The potion was so Huge, she took half home for lunch today. One had the chicken rustica with penne and downed it enthusiastically. I wanted the whole belly clam dinner but that can be hit or miss at most places. I questioned the waitress and she said fresh fish is delivered to the resturant daily and volunteered those who order whole belly clams love it. I took her advice and she was 100% correct. The clams were so big, I had to cut hem in 3 pieces and the porion was overly generous. The service was excellent...If you want to eat in a Fancy Place this is not for you BUT if you want Quality Food, and Lots of it, at Reasonable price, Lasses's is your place. Just over the Devon bridge past the Kmart Shopping Center. Go, You wont be disappointed....

1  Thank mrfoxwoods

Reviewed December 5, 2011

This place reeks of the ratpack era. You can visualize a guy with a suit and slick backed hair sitting at the bar nursing a martini in the 50's or 60's. The walls are filled with fun historical photos of the days of Milford past. The food is always good & hearty, never had a bad meal! Great steaks, pastas and seafood. A neighborhood legend! PS get there early to avoid any wait the place is petite but it is worth any wait!

Reviewed November 19, 2011

when I was dating my wife, we went to Lasse's for a late night drink and dessert. The restaurant was always known for its roast beef sandwiches and rich pudding. Thanks to son-in-law, Scott Rohrig, the restaurant is back to serving the traditional Lasse menu and the crowds are back! Get there early or you will eat in the bar area. It's great to have Lasse's back!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

My entire family has grown to love this quaint little restaurant over the years. Many of my family members live abroad and we all gather here for lunch or dinner when they are visiting, usually a party of 8 or more. The staff is very friendly and always accommodating. The food is very good, reminiscent of a home cooked meal and the prices are reasonable. I have recommended Lasse's to many people as it has always been a favorite. Until today.
My parents are in town so we made a reservation for 10 for dinner last night. Mid meal, a drink was spilled on our table and all over my purse. It was pretty busy so it took a little while for our server to replace the table cloth with a fresh one so I clipped my purse (a small leather wristlet) to my chair to dry off. We finished our meal and hung around a bit before saying our goodbyes and noticed that we were the last patrons of the day and the waitstaff was dropping subtle hints that they wanted to leave. So we rushed to pay or bill and gathered our belongings ( or so I thought) and left in a hurry. In my haste, I inadvertently left my purse clipped to my chair.
I did not notice it was missing.
I went back the next day and the bartender pulled it out from behind the bar. I opened it up and, aside from some loose change on the bottom it was completely empty. Credit cards, drivers license, debit card, health insurance card, all gone. I was devastated. Since we were the last patrons to leave and the purse was found by the bartender prior to opening, I thought it fair to assume that it must have been a staff member. The bartender tried to assure me that a staff member would never have done such a thing when, logically, it was the only explanation. She said that the kitchen help was vacuuming and found it so I asked her to ask him about it. She said that he didn't speak English. I asked her to call the 2 waitresses that worked that night but she said there was no answer. The whole time she was insistent that it could not have been the staff.
I went to the police station to file a report ( in case my credit cards had been used in the interim.) On my way back, I stopped by Lasse's to leave my name and number with the bartender in case they found my missing items. As she's taking my info I notice a man sitting in the bar with a laptop and some paperwork in front of him. She brings me over to him, introduces him as the owner and explains the situation. He immediately began defending his staff and exclaimed that it would have never happened if i hadn't been so negligent. He continued with his dissertation in a raised voice which attracted the attention of the other patrons. He told me that he "didn't give a SH** how many times myself or my family has frequented his restaurant or whether or not we ever come back. I don't remember much after that. I was seeing red! He sat in his seat pointing his finger in my face screaming at me. I have never seen anyone in the service industry, which I am also employed, ever treat a customer or patron in that manner. EVER. I have never been the target of such anger or rage in my life. The entire bar and restaurant went silent. Although I am fully aware that this never would have happened had I remembered my purse in the first place, I am also aware that there is a certain way in which we treat each other as human beings, let alone as proprietor to patron. I added to the police report that the the owner was uncooperative in assisting me with my situation. The officer admitted that the owner "has his good days and his bad days." How telling.
I am a huge supporter of local business' and establishments. In this fragile economy, it is so important, as business owners, managers and proprietors, that we remember why we are in business in the first place. Remember what it takes to be successful and profitable and to stand out from the rest.
To the owner of Lasse's, I'm sorry for whatever it is in your life that makes you lash out in such a manner to the hand that feeds you. And although you have made clear how you think of me and how you regard me as a paying customer, remember this: Word of mouth goes a long way.

10  Thank Angry06460
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Even though it is on a major road, Lasse's feels like your neighborhood corner restaurant. The food is consistently good and the waitstaff is friendly. Every request is handled with a smile. Their specials are a good value.

Been to Lasse's Restaurant? Share your experiences!