“Best. Bakery. Ever.”
Review of Scratch Baking

Scratch Baking
Ranked #1 of 12 Bakeries in Milford
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Not only does this place make out-of-this world croissants (seriously recommend the chocolate one), but the atmosphere is wonderful. You walk in and you're hit with this delightful smell of baked pies, brownies, and other goodies. The staff is friendly, the choices varied and good to vegetarians, and the coffee is strong. They even make breakfast pizza for those who don't want a homemade cinnamon roll or brownie. 10/10 would recommend!

1  Thank travelista35

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Scratch Baking is amazing! I am a major foodie who loves to cook everything from scratch and this bakery is the only one around that is the real deal. Bantam Bakery in Bantam is great also, but far. Finally, a place here to get REAL baked goods. The bakers/owner here have truly found their niche in life - baking the most amazing goods!

The breakfast pizza is outstanding. Do yourself a favor, if you need a quick breakfast out - try it instead of a standard sandwich someplace….you will not be disappointed….you will be returning.

The Creme Brûlée is the best I've had. The bagels are great……right up there with the great ones of Brooklyn/NYC.

What I love most about Scratch Baking is that everything baked there has a pleasant, rustic look to it and nothing looks manufactured, processed or mass produced. You can tell first bite that real quality ingredients are being used.

True talent!!!!! Bless them for bringing such wonderful food to our tables.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I fell in love with Scratch Baking at first sight. It started when I was given a cream puff as a "gift" after an event that I had thrown. I learned soon thereafter that it was from Scratch. It was probably only days after that when I had to visit Scratch for myself. That was three years ago and I probably haven't missed a visit there at least once a week. Yes, perhaps my waistline shows it, but this is a terrific bakery with extraordinary pastries, cakes, and breads (among other things like breakfast pizzas on the weekend). The eclairs that Lesli produces from her kitchen in Milford are the best I have ever had. And that includes eclairs from Paris and throughout France. Honestly, the best.

But as Lesli will tell you, she uses the best ingredients and, if you put good things into a bread or pastry, the final product has got to be good. The bakers at Scratch know what they are doing. You not only should, you MUST try them today!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Tucked away in a small building right in downtown Milford is the best little bakery I've ever been to. Everything is delicious, there is a great selection and you get the chance to actually see the bakers doing their work. Love this place and the smells will make your mouth water.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We almost always buy our bread here. We have tried each kind and love them all. The honey flax is my favorite at the moment. I've also had their pecan bars and the carmel salted brownies. They are divine.

1  Thank Marcary

Been to Scratch Baking? Share your experiences!