“Athenian Diner Milford, CT”
Review of Athenian Diner

Athenian Diner
Ranked #49 of 254 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Good service and friendly atmosphere. Doesn't waste time when go for a fast lunch but not at fast food restaurant. Clean and varied menu. Can get off I-95 and back on again with not too much trouble.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My Mom always enjoyed going to the Athenian Diner. I told my wife that my Mom loved this Diner and I wanted to take my wife there. We were not disappointed. The Gyros were very, very good and we had soup and salad. The prices were comparable to the midwest. My thoughts are if you go to a Greek restaurant then order greek food. We are from Davenport, IA.

1  Thank Joseph R
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I had a great meal here recently. The huge menu had typical diner fare, along with some homemade Greek food. I had a roast chicken diner special that was excellent, and included homemade soup, that tasted like it was. Great bread and I understand they do all their own baking. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Plenty of free parking, right on the Boston Post Road, Exit 39 A from I-95 North or South, you can't miss it. Though larger than a traditional diner, it has the wonderful decor, lots of chrome and laminate tabletops and booths. The prices are very reasonable, and with so many choices on the menu there is something for everyone.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I decided to eat at this diner and what a mistake that was. I asked what broiled chicken was but I don't think our waiter knew himself but managed to tell us that it would take 25 minutes so I opted for roast half chicken, home fries and corn. My husband ordered sirloin beef, mashed potatoes and corn. The meals arrived and we just looked at them.
Obviously roasted means something different in the States than in England. Home fries mean something different in every state, in this state it meant regurgitated. The sirloin beef had enough slices to feed at least a family of five. My husband managed to eat some of his dinner but I struggled with a few mouthfuls. It was awful.
Because my husband likes cheesecakes and there was a display of several he decided to go for a strawberry one and boy was that a colossal mistake. The "strawberry" or gloop as he preferred to call it could be used for glue should the need arise. The gloop was scraped off and some of the cheesecake eaten which wasn't too bad. We decided to call it a day.
When we went to pay the bill my husband mentioned the cheesecake and the cashier just shrugged his shoulders. No sorry or money knocked off the bill. This is definitly a diner to avoid at all costs.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The set meal prices here are about 25% higher than I typically pay at local diners. I ordered baked ham and mashed potatoes while my wife ordered leg of lamb. Her lamb was alright but average. My ham on the other hand was not baked. It had been boiled, sliced thinly, allowed to dry out, and it smelled like "wet dog". The mashed potatoes were transparent and runny. As a bonus they had put "stuffing" under the ham which was yellow with orange bits and had spots in it, with a texture similar to wet oatmeal. I don't think I need to say the word as to what it resembled. I sent back the ham and ordered another dish. I should have not done that. Next I got "BBQ" chicken which was not barbecued and which was overdone. There were also ribs that were tough and dried out and could not be chewed. The sauce had enough vinegar in it to strip paint. I did eat some of it but left the majority behind as indigestible. I was not offered a suitable apology and I was not offered money off the bill.