Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #19 of 272 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Joey C's Roadhouse is a barbecue and Tex-Mex restaurant that serves clean comfort food. We have 15 craft beers on tap and a large tequila list. Our margaritas are made from fresh squeezed lime juice and organic agave nectar, We also feature a large gluten free menu. We have a warm and cozy atmosphere with friendly service.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Served us ABC chicken (already been cooked) probably from at least the day before- maybe more. Understand BBQ is cooked in advance but this was just terrible. Ribs rub was bland although ribs were tender- lacked flavor. We are repeat customers and last couple visits were poor quality. Unfortunately, it was our last visit. Seek BBQ elsewhere, Milford.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (148)

Reviewed December 16, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for lunch as we were driving through and it was right off Rt 95. Service was good.
I ordered the chicken burrito. Not bad. Basic. I couldn't pick it up as it was baked to the plate but that was ok. Price was very reasonable
Ok more for convenience for travelers.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

The ambiance there is great and their lunch specials are amazing and nachos is a meal itself large food portions.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 21, 2019

We were staying in Milford before heading to Yale the next day for Commencement. We never expected to find a place like this in CT!! The bartender/host was super friendly, and even comped my husband a beer as what he ordered came out kind of flat. The guacamole is chunky, which we love, and the tortilla chips were just salty enough and not greasy. I had the brisket and my husband had the ribs, and we were both stuffed by the time we finished dinner.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner on our drive home to Boston from NY. I was a little hesitant based on the outside appearance but was pleasantly surprised. My son and I are gluten free and they had a ton of options for us to choose from! To start we got chips and guacamole and the corn. Both were addicting.
For dinner, my son got a burger and fries (which are very spicy). The burger was juicy and cooked perfectly. The fries were also wonderful and came with a dipping sauce.
I got the chili which also had a kick and wanted to finish every bite even though there was no way I could.
My daughter got a Caesar salad and kept raving about it. She also got a side of crazy Mac and cheese which thankfully for her wasn’t all that crazy (just has 3 different cheeses in it) but was cheesy and delicious.
The portions are large and we had plenty to take for leftovers. Our waiter was also very friendly and attentive.
I wish this place wasn’t 2.5 hours from our house because if it was local we would frequent often. We definitely have a new stop for road trips though.

Date of visit: April 2019

Been to JOEY C'S ROADHOUSE? Share your experiences!