“So disappointing!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We showed up at about 8pm on a Saturday eve and wa seated promptly. The atmosphere was nice and expected of this type of restaurant. We were seated at a table that we felt like we were in everyone's way. Upon ordering we found they were out of a lot of staples of a BBQ restaurant. No tea, no collard greens, my husband was quite disappointed. I ordered a diet Coke and when I got it, it tasted like flat 2 liter soda. I notified the waitress who brought me a less flat 2 liter bottle soda after she explained the soda machine was broke and confirmed they were using 2 liters. The food we got was OK. For the price it wasn't worth it but my husband said his ribs and wings were very meaty but still overpriced. I got pulled pork plate which was OK. The pork was in a slightly oily sauce. We waited quite a while for our food to come out. After all the drink misses we decided to just have water. Upon asking for a refill the waitress just put the water pitcher on our table. It made us feel like a bother to our waitress. I definitely do not foresee us going out of our way to return here!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Been a few times and the quality is always consistent and flavorful. I don't review unless I have been to a place at least twice. Joey C's meets that standard and them some and has been a trusted source for good food and drink. Love the pulled pork and the roasted chickpeas are a must try!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Fun atmosphere, great live music. Pulled pork was fatty and sitting in some kind of liquid even though I ordered it dry. The side of beans were sickly sweet and inedible. The waitress was apologetic and swapped them with coleslaw that was smothered in bland milky goo. The fries were supposed to be spicy and seasoned, not very but hot and cooked perfectly. My friends brisket was extremely fatty; she too took one forkful of beans and could eat no more of them. I was so disappointed after reading these reviews. I will not go back.

1  Thank mrkot
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

3-30-13 4:30pm... We decide to go to this place after hearing rave reviews from our daughter & son-in-law. Took our 2 granddaughters along too. We were the first ones in the door. By 5:00 the place was packed and people were waiting to sit down. I'm thinking we're never going to get our food hot. WRONG! Fast service and hot food for all.
Sangrias, margaritas were great. Pulled pork platter very tasty, baby back ribs only so-so, Mexican dishes were said to be great. Kids' Mac & Cheese was good.
I'd go back again for sure, but I'd have a seat cushion next time. ;-)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Joey C's was pretty much the only restaurant opened around 10pm on a Sunday in Milford I was hungry after flying for over 10 hours and Joey C's staff greated me so kindly and were super quick! The Mac in Cheese was to DIE FOR!