“My favorite Restaurant. What more can I say! The patio is enchanting.”

Silver Sands State Park
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Milford
Milford, Connecticut
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“My favorite Restaurant. What more can I say! The patio is enchanting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

My favorite Restaurant. What more can I say! The patio is enchanting. The food is perfect.The service is 5 Star. The owner is very hands on and congenial. He makes his customers feel like old friends. Lovely atmosphere! Fine dining at a great price!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank DDVasseur

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Free admission but a little rocky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

One of the few beaches in CT that did not charge admissions. With that said, the beach was a bit rocky, with a lot of shells and rocks. During low tide, we did walk out quite a bit to various sand bars, etc. It was also not very crowded, which was a negative, as it seemed a little deserted.

Ocean City, NJ
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Biking around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Nice beach. At high tide you can fish from the pier. 2 entrances and you can bike from one side to the other (but not on the boardwalk). You are allowed to bike on the old service road. It was peaceful and we saw lots of wildlife such as deer, rabbits, finch, swallows, etc. We parked our bikes and walked the beach finding lots of shells.

Biddeford, Maine, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“If from an Ocean community”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

This beach is located on LOng Island sound. It does not have a sandy beach, and no waves. Being from the coast of Maine, we were not impressed with this location

2 Thank YBMOODY
New Haven, Connecticut
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Free parking, nice location, mediocre beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

It's free. There are porta-potties. The beach, as many note, is full of shells. The boardwalk is great, and historic Charles Island is right there. It's quiet, perhaps because there are multiple areas to explore and the parking, though large, is not too big. There is a small parking area at the far end of the main entrance -- several handicapped spots but also a few regular spots. The beach is steps away. Not sure if this is okay, but I also drop my kayak off in the circle, then park in the main lot since the small lot is usually full. Then bring the boat to the other side of the jetty since you can't launch in the swim area. No one has hassled me about this. All in all, I do recommend the beach -- where else can you access a beach with no fee?

Visited August 2012

Been to Silver Sands State Park? Share your experiences!