“Does not value guests!!”

Super 8 Milford/New Haven
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Does not value guests!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We booked the hotel and were quoted one price and were guaranteed that if we stay longer we would receive the cheaper weekly rate. When I approached the front desk, the told me I was wrong and said they would not honor it. I brought it to the managers attention and told him I wouldn't lie and would not have booked if that wasn't the case and he said "I will not honor something just because my employee made a mistake." I was dumbfounded. On top of that, the sink was broken and took a day and half of me calling repeatedly. The place smelled like mold. And on the contrary to others raving breakfast reviews, it sucked. Just bc you have a waffle machine doesn't mean you have a good breakfast. They could have had my business for another week on top of the 5 days but they were cheap. Worst experience ever. Do not go there

• Stayed October 2013
Richard881, Manager at Super 8 Milford/New Haven, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
We are glad that the guest found our hotel good enough to extend her stay but unfortunately the guest's claim that one of the front desk associates agreed to retroactively adjust her rate was not true however with respect to the guest we told her that the front desk associate might have made a mistake. We hope that guests do not use this website to trash a hotel just because they did not get the rate that they wanted.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My fiancee and I checked into this place to stay for a week or two until we found a home to rent in the area. I was promised before even checking in that if I needed to extend my stay that the weekly rate would apply to all nights stayed already. The manager told us that someone lied and he would not honer the promise. Our sink stopper broke and would not go up and it was not fixed for two days and when it was all they did was remove the stopper. The third night I was awoken to the sounds of people yelling and the Police arresting people in the parking lot. That same night someone was murdered 2 blocks away.The breakfast is piss poor. I understand that the rate is cheap but in the end you get what you pay for. Just go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We do not understand why would someone want to extend their stay if the area is so bad, the breakfast is "piss" poor and the service is bad. We would like to point out here for the record that the sink problem was fixed within an hour of the same being reported.

Travelers are raving about these Milford hotels