“Enjoyable Italian Dining Experience”
Review of Reggianos

Reggianos
Ranked #37 of 251 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brooklyn, Connecticut
“Enjoyable Italian Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went here with a group of 8 people, everyone enjoyed their dish and the waiter & staff were very accomodating to us. Food and prices were very good, but this place did not totally blow me away. I would definitely consider returning in the future.

• Visited February 2013

CT
“Absolutely the finest italian food in the area!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First off, this restaurant is not in the best location in Milford but once you find this hidden gem, you will make it one of your regular places to go. The staff makes you feel so at home and will pretty much make anything you wish, even if its not on the menu. However, they have so many wonderful meals to choose from your sure to find something you love. My favorites are the Moonstruck Salad followed by the Pasta Scarpiello which makes me sigh with every bite..so delicious!!!!! My husband likes the pizzas and he is extremely particular. The are light and flavorful, we especially like the Margarita Pie with fresh basil and garlic. It is reasonable and the portions are a nice size. We love going here because we feel as if we are right at home..highly recommend Reggianos to everyone!!!

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Excellent Food and Great Prices”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was here mid January on a quite Sunday evening. The restaurant is in a small strip mall and looks deceiving but defintely worth going in for a wonderful italian meal. It's a small place but the food makes up for it two fold. The rolls are first to come out and are warm and delicious, there is also a bottle of rosemary infused oil on the table - excellent. I had a bowl of Pasta Fagioli and my friend had Tortellini Chicken Soup - both were excellent. For entrees - the selection is unbelieveable. There are so many great choices in the menu, then there are 2-3 specials and they have about 6 speciality pastas that they make on hand each day with their own special sauce for the day. There is so much attention to detail when they make the food and you can totally taste it.

I had cavatelli with spinach, sweet sausage, canalleni beans, tomato and garlic. It's a standby that I get when I am comparing a new Italian restaurants to some of my favorites and Reggianos blew the competition out of the water. The dish was amazing! My friend had a pasta dish as well that had chopped chicken, small rigatoni, hot peppers, tomatoes and something else - he LOVED IT! The portions are also so huge there will defintely be leftovers. For dessert - we split banana's foster and it was awesome as well.

As previous reviewers mentioned - a small glass of complimentary lemonchello at the end which was wonderful as well.

I will definitely be back! Oh and in regards to the service, they were not busy so there was a bartender/waiter and a few bus boys but everyone was really great and welcoming. We did not wait a crazy amount of time to be welcomed, orders to be taken or anything. Plus its a restaurant - I like to enjoy my time and don't want to be rushed anyways.

Milford, Connecticut
“Gourmet Italian”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was maybe my fourth time at Reggiano's but I hadn't dined here in awhile.. In the past, one female waitress(who was lacking in service skills) was waiting tables but this time a friendly, jolly waiter was our server..He was wonderful and made us feel like he has known us for years..He was quick on his toes and the bus boy was on top of filling our water and clearing dishes..

The pizza was average in my opinion but my son devoured the entire personal size but every entree was A-1!

My daughter had a chicken special that came with mushrooms. Talk about perfectly cooked, melt in your mouth meat..It came with assorted , buttered veggies which were very tasty along with garlic mashed potatoes which were on the dry side..I had the mahi mahi special served over angel hair surrounded my clams and mussels..wow, was that delicious too! My friend had a handmade spinach and cheese filled ravioli in a lobster sauce--perfection--I tasted all of the meals so I can vouch for the wonderful flavors..Salads are served ala carte and were very fresh and light..

Ohhhhhh, I forgot the bread. Normally I would complain b/c I enjoy it served with butter but this was so good--who cares( there are bottles of olive oil for the bread)?! homemade--piping hot focaccia slices with rolls..ooooohhhhhh--I could still taste it! Dessert was a mini lava cake w/ ice cream, ricotta cheesecake and tiramisu--these were all very good and homemade as well..

At the end of our meal, our waiter brought over complimentary limoncello for us to try..a very nice touch!

Honestly, if it weren't for the mashed potatoes I would give this a perfect rating..But even so, that would not stop me from going back again..not at all..

You cannot beat excellent service, delicious entrees--along with homemade bread, desserts and raviolis..also, a nice touch is the fresh ground black pepper and grated cheese they offer to top your meal with..

Don't let the location in a plaza fool you--this is good stuff!!If you don;t have time to dine in they offer delivery and take-out..Honestly, I cannot even believe they offer delivery--it's just TOO good:-)

New Haven, Connecticut
“Worth a Try”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Extensive nightly specials and portions were generous and tasty. Definitely going back. Service was great.

• Visited June 2012