“clean and inexpensive”

Red Roof Inn Milford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We chose the Red Roof Inn because we were traveling with our dog. I was very pleased with the condition of the room, very clean. The soap provided is very nice. I've stayed in some hotels when the heat/ airconditioning units were so loud I couldn't sleep, but these were fine. I did have some interaction with the night desk person (Dike) who was very personable. I also needed to visit the office during the day and both the desk person (James) and the manager (Mike ) were very helpful and efficient at their jobs.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2009

Stayed m-f the week of Sept 21-25 '09. Woke up covered in bed bug bites. We told the manager, and his apologized (no offer to make up $, or anything beyond an apology). I'm currently in the middle of call backs with customer relations, who knows how this will end.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We had to find a place to stay for an overnight while we attended a family party. Do to time restraints we weren't interested in a pool or workout facilities, just a nice clean place to change into our "Party " clothes and then spend the night. The Red Roof Inn was conveniently located off I 95, and let us register 3 hrs early so we could make it in time for our family gathering. Staff members were polite and helpful. The room was very clean and newly redecorated. BESt of all is was about 1/2 the price of other hotels in the area. What a find!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I love this hotel for its rewards (free night certificates). Yes the bedspreads are hidious, but the A/C works, the non-business rooms are really spacious (would be nice to have a refrigerator in there tho). The bathroom is really my only complaint. Very small. Like I said, I've been stayin here for the past 4 years. Some are 5 days, some are 14. I've stayed there during their remodeling TWICE, so that was inconvienient, but its all done now hopefully. One washer and one dryer are available. Each take 4 quarters I believe. Maid service is excellent. Location is quiet. Parking is great. They also have an elevator. Not much really to complain about.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2008

Newly refurbished in a good location with everything that you really need at a great price. Got a good deal from their website. Shampoo in the bathroom. Coffee in the lobby. Some rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. Bring some muffins and have breakfast there, or drive to a restaurant in ten minutes. The place is nice and clean but not fancy. A good deal.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 25, 2008

I stayed there for 2 nights. The sorrounding area was really beautiful. The parking lot was very well lit and seemed safe. A large shopping mall was 4-5 miles drive away. The place was quiet.
Bed linen and bathroom were clean. The building was not new but was well kept.
The downside is thet it is a basic motel with little facilities.
It can be a good choice for 1-2 nights.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Wanted to go to Yale on our way up the highway. Looked at all the hotels in the New Haven area for a one nights stay and they were either really expensive or unacceptable based on things I read on tripadvisor. We found the Red Roof Inn in Milford which is only about 8 miles out of New Haven.
It was just what we expected. The guy at the front desk was really sweet. The room clean, and the bed was actually very comfortable. You could tell the room was old but they had redone them. Just to sleep for one night was fine. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Motel 6 Milford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Red Roof Inn Milford? Share your experiences!