“Excellent hotel”

Red Roof Inn Milford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Check-in was quick and painless. Staff was very friendly and knowledgable. Excellent location, right near 95. Room was clean, bathroom was spotless, heat worked great, bed was comfy and clean. I highly recommend this hotel. Also the room was very large and had a nice work desk. Free wifi is fast, and convenient.

Room Tip: The king deluxe rooms are huge and awesome.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Jacob E,

Thank you so much for staying with us last week while up from Florida. Your positive review is appreciated, I will share it with the staff, whose hard work make it possible. The "Business King" room you occupied, is a great choice for the traveler that needs the basic comforts of home without having to pay excessive rates. Besides the 39" flat panel TV, large work desk area, microwave/fridge/coffeemaker and free Wi-Fi, we also include free long distance domestic phone calls. Thanks again for recommending us to others and hope to see you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was my second stay at the Red Roof Inn, in Milford. The first time was before the renovations. This time was after renovations. I had a basic room, 320, (2 double beds) on the 3rd floor. The room wasn't bad. It has the basics--flat screen tv, dresser, safe, hair dryer, and desk. If you want more, you need to get a deluxe room with either a king size bed, or two beds. The deluxe rooms have a microwave and fridge.
The appearance of the room wasn't bad. Each bed had 3 pillows which were very comfortable. Not too hard and not too soft. The bed was just about right. Since it was a double, about the right amount of space for 1 person.
The only "flaw" I found in the room was in the bathroom. The rod holding the shower curtain needed to be fixed. It was hanging down from the wall and the shower curtain would slide down leaving openings for water to drop out onto the floor.
The outside of the motel was average. You could tell there were spots where some upkeep was needed. The area around the stair showed wear and tear. But I guess that was minor.
For noise, it was rather quiet. The hotel is right along I 95 and I didn't hear much for noise.
I have to commend the desk clerk when I checked in. It was well before check in time, but I arrived early and asked if it was possible to check in. He said I could, but it would be a few minutes before I could get into the room, as it hadn't been cleaned. He said to give them about a half hour and the room should be ready. He was very pleasant and got me set up.
As I said, this was my second time staying at the Red Roof Inn in Milford, and I would not be afraid to recommend it.
It has the basics that people want and the location is good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Brian V,

Thank you for being a repeat guest and for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate the great scores you gave us for value, service and cleanliness. We have had renovations since your first visit and as you commented 3 different room types. The highest praise we can receive from a guest is that they would recommend us to others. Thank you for feeling that way and hope to see you again the next time you are in need of accommodations in the Milford area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Convenient and good service, at a reasonable price in a great location. James Housey is a good employee and was friendly and positive! Thanks for making our stay nonstressful! The room was spacious and very clean, an all around pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank hilow2341
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear hilow2341,

Thank you very much for recently staying with us in Milford and taking the time to submit your review. We are so pleased to have been able to make your visit pleasant and non stressful. I am glad to know you consider our rooms spacious and clean, we also work diligently to keep them well appointed, including new flat screen TV's, bedding and carpeting. Continued safe and fun travels and hope to see you again in the future.

P.S. James is a hospitality professional and we are fortunate to have him.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

James is professional, efficient, and accommodating.

My stay is always pleasant and enjoyable.

Rooms are remodeled, Flat screen TV's, newer carpet, contemporary bedding.

I look forward to future stays.

GC

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear candi w,

Thank you for staying with us in January and your continued loyalty. I appreciate you mentioning the excellent job James does, in the two years he has been on our team, his professional presence and courteous conduct is always inspiring to the rest of the staff.
As you mentioned, we offer the best value for accommodations in the Milford area.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Excellent in all aspects of hotels Staff, maid service and just a wonderful place to stay would tell friends and family. This hotel is in a great location and great staff on hand easy to go to places close by a wonderful place to stay

Room Tip: depends on how many people are with you the top floors are great
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Dragonandparanormal,

Thank you for the survey and generous comments. It is always our mission and priority to provide our guests with the best possible service and quality. We are proud to begin the new year with new 32 or 37 inch flat panel televisions in every room and continue to upgrade our various services. We hope you have a happy and healthy year, and look forward to accommodating you again soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The staff here always has everything ready when I come in the door. My company makes the reservation and there has never been a delay in getting me in my room. Most of the time the back section of parking spaces are open, perfect for my 65' rig.

• Stayed: November 2013
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear cjackd,

Thank you for the review and loyalty in staying with us weekly while on work assignment. Red Roof realizes how important long range trucking is to the country and we appreciate the tough job you have. I am pleased our Front Office staff facilitates easy and complete check in - check out process for you and that our large parking lot can accommodate your 65 foot rig. Continued safe travels and happy holidays.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This Red Roof Inn was convenient, clean and roomy. The front desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating. The room was clean. The wi-fi was very fast and easy to access and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: We choose a third floor room on the side away from the interstate. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear ajs 1,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to submit the survey. We are very aware of the options travelers have while in the Milford area and we work diligently to keep our rates as competitive as possible. We have various discounts available and this month are offering a 20% discount for any guest that brings in a non perishable food item which will be donated to a local food pantry. Thanks again, and hope you think of us if your travels brings you back to southern Connecticut.

Peter Perillo, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Motel 6 Milford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Red Roof Inn Milford? Share your experiences!