“Good Clean Lodging, Great Staff”

Red Roof Inn Milford
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was my second visit to this property. It has been remodeled since the last time I was here and everything was clean and lovely. The staff was as helpful as could be even though there was a large event in town and the property was completely sold out. Joshua at the front desk was especially helpful and remained polite even though I was not at my best. I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone looking to stay in this area. They also accommodated my request for a first floor room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear gregg d,

Thank you for returning and for the great scores and comments. I'm pleased we were able to accommodate you last weekend, even with all the music festival attendees in house. Josh and the rest of our staff is committed to making our guests as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Milford

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Room was clean, linen was fresh. No frills motel but fit the budget nicely for one night's stay. Motel was right off I-95 and 15 minutes from the Bridgeport Ferry. Check-in clerk, James Housey, even gave me an extra discount if I agreed to write a review. Bring a hairdryer, none in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear ntinksrus,

As you mentioned, we do have a great location, very close to the exit and entrance ramps of I95, yet, set adjacent to private wetlands, and a short drive to nearby restaurants, shopping, cultural events and sporting activities. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in cleanliness, and front office staff is always helpful in providing a discount to our standard rates. Some discounts include AAA, Corp, Gov, Senior, Roomsaver Coups or other promotions for Red Roof Redicard members. Redicard is a free program, providing members upgrades and free nights, it's free to join and just requires an email address. We hope to see you again soon when down from Maine.

Continued safe travels,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is about the great service from James Housey. He has always exceeded my expectations whenever I stay at this hotel. He is courtous and very helpful. He always seems to have the best rates in town for me. Next time at this hotel ask for James.

Room Tip: Ask for James Housey at the front desk
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear winecellarguy,

I enjoyed our conversation and admire your travels around the country. James does a great job in finding the best possible rates for guests, he is a genuine "people person". Congratulations to him on his recent college graduation. I hope to see a copy of your book soon.

Thanks again and safe travels,

Peter Perillo. GM

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am a retired Civilian Department of Defense employee and in my 23 years have traveled around the country for various training and conferences.
Looking back, I have never been in a hotel that treated me not at as a guest but as a member of the family. The Housekeeping personnel, whom we share a laugh or two every day, have introduced me to members of their family. The rooms are cleaned and beds made every day and if you need some extra towels, soap shampoo etc. they always come through for you. The laundry room is constantly operating during the day to provide clean linen and towels for the guests
The maintenance personnel I have bonded with, since I also have worked with tools and have gotten my hands dirty and can truly appreciate the work they do. Rain, snow. hazy, hot and humid they are their for you.
The front desk personnel always treat guests with the upmost courtesy and inform them of the different type rooms that are available and which would suit their needs.
When asked they provide directions to the local shopping centers and have recommended restaurants that they themselves have dined, or which is the best place for having food delivered to your room.
This 24 hour operation is kept running smoothly by Mr. Peter Perillo, the General Manager who I have seen "burning the midnight oil" on more than one occasion. I have never met a more dedicated manager. When a problem arises, just call Peter and he's here, no matter what time of the day or night.
I would and have recommended the Red Roof Inn to business associates and friends of mine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear PB190576,

Your review and comments are very generous. I'm sure that in your travels and experiences you have seen the full spectrum of hospitality, so your opinions are very valuable to us. I am fortunate to have a dedicated and supportive staff to make guests feel comfortable and secure. It was a pleasure to host you while you were away from home.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We (3 families) traveled from Philly to CT visiting a friend on 7/6. 2-Stars on Hotwire and $60+/night, I thought I was gonna get Howard Johnson or sort but ended up with Red Roof. This was the first time we staying with RR and based on its reputation I was a little worried that we might ended up with a beaten down motel. Checked RR's web site and was a bit relieved to see that they have just completed renovation of their rooms, but was still a bit uneasy.
We checked in around 10pm, and lots cars in its lot. They definitely benefited from downtown New Haven's unreasonable hotel price.
To my surprise (and relieve), our room were not bad at all. We stayed in room 209. New bed, sheets, and furniture. Flat screen TV as advertised. Free WiFi, but was very slow. In room A/C looks new and was a god sent since it was 90+ degree that weekend and humidity was just off the roof. A/C was so strong my glasses fogged up when I went outside for ice. Room smells clean and no trace of smoke (all smoke-free rooms, with $200 fine if violated). I was quite happy until I checked the bathroom and wash sink. The bathroom door was the original and a bit deformed due to moisture. Caulk around the sink and tub were yellow and old. Not mold (thanks god), just old caulk.
We did have nice good night sleep. Bed was comfortable, and noise level were low since it's off road a bit and not much things going on near by.
About 15+ minutes outside New Haven, but at least you save $40+ and parking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Max L

Dear Max L,

Thank you and your fellow travelers for giving Red Roof Inn Milford the opportunity to provide lodging while in Connecticut. We did renovate recently and are constantly working on maintaining quality standards. Your review is appreciated and helps our continuous evaluation of services. Thanks again and I hope you'll consider us again when coming up from Philadelphia.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Clean room, wide screen TV, A/C that works great, super strong WIFI, helpful, considerate and polite staff...what more could you ask for? And at $69 plus tax? Are you kidding? You cannot beat this place.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChipTheTeacher
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear ChipTheTeacher,

Thank you for the generous comments, I am delighted we met your needs. I hope you had the opportunity to visit the nearby Yale University Museums, while in the area. Enjoy the summer, classes will begin before we know it. Safe travels.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

James Housey was very nice and accommodating. He made my checking in very simple and easy. My room was very clean and quiet. This is a great place to stay for this price. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel very welcome, I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
pperillo, Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Ct T,

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to submit your positive review, I will share with James your mention of him and acknowledge to the entire staff their efforts on making guests feel welcomed and important. We hope to see you again in the near future, have a great summer.

Best regards,