“In Milford for a Night or Two? Stay Here!”

Red Roof Inn Milford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Clean room, wide screen TV, A/C that works great, super strong WIFI, helpful, considerate and polite staff...what more could you ask for? And at $69 plus tax? Are you kidding? You cannot beat this place.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChipTheTeacher
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear ChipTheTeacher,

Thank you for the generous comments, I am delighted we met your needs. I hope you had the opportunity to visit the nearby Yale University Museums, while in the area. Enjoy the summer, classes will begin before we know it. Safe travels.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

James Housey was very nice and accommodating. He made my checking in very simple and easy. My room was very clean and quiet. This is a great place to stay for this price. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel very welcome, I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
pperillo, Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Ct T,

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to submit your positive review, I will share with James your mention of him and acknowledge to the entire staff their efforts on making guests feel welcomed and important. We hope to see you again in the near future, have a great summer.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I appreciated everything about the stay at your property. The price can't be beat and this is what I really like about the stay. I didn't like the idea of knowing its pet friendly since I'm not a pet person. The service was great, I felt we'll accommodated. I would encourage others to stay at your facility. Thank you, Ann

• Stayed: November 2012
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Ann,

Thank you for staying with us in Milford and the kind words. We truly appreciate you taking the time to let others know how you feel about our property. Hope you have a fun summer and stay with us again when you need the accommodations.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I called ahead to make reservations, staff was friendly and kind on the phone. Got to the hotel and the staff was just as nice in person, friendly, kind, understanding and a friendly laugh. Price was PERFECT for my little budget!! stayed on 2nd floor in rear of hotel, quiet and comfortable. Rooms were clean and smelling very fresh (non smoking room) beds were comfortable and clean, TV and remote worked fine, TV was older but had no problems with it. bathroom was spectacular, not too big, everything was clean, towels were fresh, soap, shampoo, everything you need. I did not stop for coffee in the morning but i did see a little counter top in the office were the coffee was. I liked this place soo much the night before, I stayed there the very next night even though it was 45 minutes away from my job in the morning of the following day. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear CharlesD881,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while on your business travels, we know you have many options. I am delighted our room accommodations met your needs and expectations. Thank you also for mentioning our price factor, we will continue to keep our rates as competitive and affordable as possible. I hope you will consider staying with us in your future travels.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great price, clean room, friendly staff. Everyone was smiling. Josh who checked us in /out was really nice & helpful. Pet friendly which is great in my case this time. Had fruit and coffee in the a.m (weekend). The bed/pillows were a bit uncomfortable for me and during the night I could hear some noise from the highway but sure if you had rooms on the other side it would have been better. Room had a "home like" vibe. If needed I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room farther from highway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

CT_Traveller3,

I have shared your review with staff, and thank you for the generous score and comments. It is a pleasure to have Josh working in the Front Office, he just graduated from college this week. I am also very pleased you were able to bring your pet. Hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon to see all the colorful flowers we are planting.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels. I was so disappointed in the place. Mainly because the price is a little below it's competitors such as Spring hill suites, Hampton Inn and the Hyatt. No continental breakfast. Really???? Television in the room was extremely dark and there was no remote to be found. The front desk was helpful in giving me a new remote but there was no options on that remote to change the television's contrast or brightness. Misery. The bathroom was super small but clean. The main issue I had with this place was the workmanship. The caulking, rugs and other things looked like it was done by my 12 year old nephew. Not very professional. Doesn't give you the best feeling in staying at a hotel. Parking is secure and there is plenty of diners and eateries within driving distance which is always a plus. Bed was moderately comfortable. IF you have to stay here because it's within your budget then I suppose you'll be happy. If you can spring for an extra 20 bucks night for a better hotel...do it. Simple as that.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. All quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Vinmarine1,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and choosing Red Roof while in Milford. We are continuously working to upgrade and maintain rooms in best possible conditions, my apologies if your room was not to standards. Although breakfast is not offered during the week, we do provide a selection of complimentary fruit and pastries on weekends and our committed to keeping rates significantly below other area hotels will continue.

Best Regards and Safe Travels,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What I expected when I noticed that the property had been upgraded. Room was clean, quiet, but needed some more maintenance. Sink faucet was loose, bathroom door was not completed on edges. Floor in bathroom was the old original flooring - but clean. The tub was very small, but o.k. If I remember correctly, the room counters were of new formica. The carpet in bedroom was o.k., clean. The cement walls were newly painted. The TV was new and worked well. The sheets were clean, but I didn't like the blanket. Not covered with duvet.

Outside was rough. There were breaks & cracks on the stairway and one of the rooms on the third floor still had a piece of cardboard covering up a broken window. This should have been immediately replaced.

The staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the highway may have been a bit quieter, although with doors closed, I'm...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Maxine Wolfset,

Thank you for your recent stay and insightful observations on your review. I appreciate your positive comments on staff and cleanliness. I have directed our maintenance staff to attend to the issues you mentioned in reference to the bathroom and agree that we need to catch up on some exterior improvements.
We hope that you will stay with us again when in the area and safe travels throughout the world.

Best Regards,