“What a big change”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“What a big change”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for my summer vacations for the past 3 years , The first two years where great, but this year ( 07/28-08/05 ) was terrible. First they did NOT honored my reservation price I made online, they charge me extra per day. The guy at the front desk seem so confused that he had no clue on how to do his job. I was LOCK OUT of my room 3 times at night with my family waiting outside by the door , on two occasions it was raining hard. I went to the front desk and they told me that they thought I was checking out that day.that's why my room was lock out, they made me pay extra for the room, and then they unlock it, I CALL THAT BLACK MAIL ! what a way to do business ! NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY IN THIS DUMP !!! and room service was non existence . they barely clean the room each day.. TRAVELER BEWARE !!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 77VICENTE
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Mr Vicente,

Thank you for spending your summer vacations here in Milford, we hope to retain your business.

I see your original reservation made on June 23, had an arrival date of Sunday July 29, but you arrived and checked in on Saturday July 28, I am glad we were able to accommodate the early arival for your family and pet. I do also see that there was a 20% discount on your rate for the entire 9 day stay, 7 nights had a $52.99 rate, the other 2 were $55.99 and $59.99 (the first Saturday night). Our system does require that we charge your credit card after 7 days, which we did on August 4th. I can assuredly say, we never locked you out or made you pay before letting you into the room, there may be other reasons why the key may not have worked.

I do understand that your reality is that you were not satisfied and I welcome the opportunity to discuss it with you. I have left you a voice mail, please contact me at 203-877-6060, at your convenience.

Respectfully yours,

Peter Perillo, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Albany, NY
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Yes, it's not the Mariott. We needed to stay for one night, in order to do some deep sea fishing in Connecticut. It was functional and comfortable, and we did not hear the highway in the background.

Worth the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DC_VCAlbany_NY
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear DC,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Many people don't realize how many varied and exciting activities there are to do on the Connecticut coast line.
I hope to hear an interesting fish story if you stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Very skeptical of Red Roof Inns, and online reviews were not all great. However, we looked at the room and realized everything was recently replaced and they are 100% smoke free! New Carpet, linens, bedspread, TV, lamps,etc.

The towels could have been better, typical rough,rag type cotton. And bathroom was very small. But we had a wonderful King Size bed, refrigerator and all was clean. AC could use an updating it smelled a bit and when we turned it off it sounded like it was going to die in us.
We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank EatnEnjoy
Dear GGir,

Thank you for mentioning our recent upgrades and transformation to 100% non-smoking. We will continue to make improvements and provide guests the highest quality for the price. The Milford area has 13 hotels, and we are proud to be ranked 4th, and climbing.
We hope you have the need or opportunity to stay with us again.

Safe travels,

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here during a recent trip north along I-95. The hotel is conveniently located off of 95. The room was clean and I didn't experience any problems. The rate didn't include breakfast, so if this is something you look for, keep that in mind. Overall, I recommend the hotel if you're staying in the area or looking to get off the interstate for the night.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tim B
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Tim B.

Thank you very much for staying with us recently, and taking the time to provide a survey. We feel our location is ideal for travelers, in that we are very close to Interstate 95 yet also a bit secluded. I believe that offering a breakfast for our guests will be an available option in the near future.

Best regards,

Naples, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Furniture was updated but rooms were not clean..
AC didn't work so had to change rooms.
After changing room new room had HDTV old room did not, but TV remote in new room was missing. Just a high end dump..
WOULD NOT GO BACK THERE EVER

Room Tip: No suggestions, except stay off 1st floor hotel has elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Lee C,

Thank you for posting the five photos, I think they look pretty good. Also, for the above average ratings on Value, Service and Location. The standard room you stayed in sells for $64.99 / $69.99 Sun-Thurs and $69.99 / $74.99 Fri and Sat, discounts such as AAA, Senior Citizen, Military and our own various promotions can drop those rates by 10 to 15 percent. Definitely not high end prices, in Connecticut and during the summer season.
I am sorry you had to move to another room because of an A/C issue, we feel it is sometimes easier and faster to move a guest than to have our maintenance staff repair the unit. All rooms have had new flat panel televisions installed, unfortunately the new TV in your room was being rerviced and so we temporarily utilized a replacement. We keep extra remotes at the front office, so I hope a quick call to the desk got you another remote.
I respect and value your opinion, and will utilize your review as incentive to continue our progress.

Sincerely yours,

USA
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed at this location for three days during the Memorial Day holiday and was not impressed. In fact, I was literally scared to death and wanted to vacate on the first night! Instead, I stuck it out propping up the knob of my door with the office chair each night...

First off, although I requested a non-smoking room, the one I was given wreaked of cigarette smoke day and night. Fan/ air conditioner did little to clean the air. Also, visitors/residents frequently gathered outside my door to hold profanity riddled phone calls at all hours of the day/night, while barking dogs and neighbors shouting at each other could be heard through the thin walls and were a constant disturbance.

Housekeeping was lax with cleaning as the tub had a permanent ring and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in decades! This tub also contained a small strategically and eerily placed door at the base of it which faced the toilet. Once discovered, I attempted to close, but it would not. Appeared as if it contained an object that prevented the door itself from closing.

Lastly, I requested clean linens on the second nights stay and a quick vacuum, only to have housekeeping arrive with soiled linens and a spray bottle used to squirt the air in place of vacuuming.

I can readily think of three words to describe my experience at this hotel; creepy, dirty, and unsafe.

Room Tip: Run away this motel! The cheap rates are not worth it!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nphint l
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear NPHNT I

I am very concerned about your observations, and although it has been over three months since you were here, I will check my records of the Memorial Day weekend to see if there were any explanations casusing your issues.

I am very pleased to inform you that within the past 3 weeks, we have received a renovation, including new carpeting and bedding. Also, we are now 100% smoke free.
Please call me at 203-877-6060, I would like to get further information on your visit and offer you a free night, to see our improvements.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently stayed at this red roof inn for a weekend while participating in a tennis tournament in Trumbull. The location is right off the highway and very accessible. The check-in process was ok, although the hotel seemed to be understaffed at night. We had a second-floor room and were facing away from the road. Overall, the staff was friendly and courteous. The room was cozy and very clean. After reading about the recent renovations at the property, I was pleased with the room's appearance. The cleaning staff was very thorough and I felt very comfortable in the room. I would recommend this hotel for those seeking a weekend getaway and looking for a budget-conscious location. However, if you are looking for a weekend where you are staying in the room all weekend, you may feel bored as the rooms are more no-frills than luxurious. However, I was pleased with my visit and would stay again for a similar trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank barmstrong12
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Barmstrong 12,

Thank you for the comments and recommendation. O course I couldn't agree with you more, that we offer a great product at a great price.
I hope you did well in the tennis tournament, and I believe the New Haven Open at Yale is about to start this weekend, it's such a fun event.

Thanks again,