“Outstanding Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Milford
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Got a great rate (79 per night) so that definitely helps shape my opinion of this hotel.

Huge rooms with living space working space and sleeping space. Decent free breakfast, and the people were outstanding. Very clean as well

Great property

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you had an outstanding experience and we look forward to hosting your next visit to MIlford.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

the employees at this hotel are top notch! Everyone was very friendly and accomodating. they handled all my requests with courtesy and smiles. The rooms could use some updating, but that is a minor detail.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We learned from our first stay not to have a room facing the front of the hotel due to road noise from I-95, otherwise we were happy. Returned 3 weeks later and requested a room on the back side. Everything was fine until 11pm when the sound of a backup alarm from a bus woke us, must have taken the driver 10 minutes to find a spot right outside our window on the first floor. We assumed the driver would turn the bus off, after 20 minutes of the bus on high idle I contacted the front desk to see if it would be allowed to run all night. After awhile the driver reduced the idle some but never shut the engine off. Needless to say we received very little sleep which was a good thing as our scheduled wake up call was never received either.

Room Tip: Request a room on backside of hotel to avoid I-95 traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory stay that you recently had with us. I understand how important a good night's sleep is to a comfortable stay and apologize that we were not able to control the external noise. I hope that you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to providing you with an excellent experience at our hotel.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stay there for 2 weeks twice, And the place was very nice. Easy to get to . Staff was very friendly and helpful. The fitness site was very up to date . The breakfast in the morning was great .The rooms where clean . And the kitchenette was nice to have.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm happy to hear that you found our location convenient and our staff friendly and helpful. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to hosting your next stay in the Milford area.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Doesn't get much better that this. Everything is top notch and Christina at the front desk is great. If there is anything to have any concern about it would be the size of the pool, rather small but sufficient.

Room Tip: No need to choose a room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm happy to hear that you found our hotel and service to be top notch. I will pass your compliment along to Christina; thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed over this past weekend. The staff was incredibly friendly. We ended up having to move rooms due to a heat issue and the front desk staff was very nice about it. Love the mini suite set up of the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel, by virtue of its semi-suite rooms and free breakfast was just right for a family stay. The room was well-appointed and well-laid out, with the bonus extra of a mini-kitchenette area.

Pretty clean overall, but the halls got a little dirty quickly from the tracked-in snow salt, etc. from a recent storm (not really the hotel's fault). The breakfast area was decent and had a reasonable selection, but not as a good of a variety as at other SpringHill locations. Having a bar/lounge in the hotel was a nice bonus, too, as most of this brand do not. Good service there.

The internet access was just awful. It never worked. Regardless of device, time of day, how many restarts, calls to the tech support line, it just didn't work. I had my own hotspot which I used, as I just gave up trying the hotel system. The front desk staff wasn't much help here, other than offering to have maintenance come to our room - which would have been a bit more intruding than I would have preferred.

Front desk staff was overall very friendly. However, that friendliness got a little too casual at times, including having the woman there talking to another guest (in person) while on the phone with me. A bit rude, I must say. The staff also didn't do a great job overseeing the pool use. At one point, there were about 10 young kids in there, most unsupervised (a violation of posted rules). The kids' behavior varied from poor to acceptable, but this would have been a great time for the staff to step in and take some sort of action. There were also no towels at the pool, which, being located about 20 feet from the front desk. seemed to be a forgotten place in the building.

Once it our room, the hotel was just fine and for $94 was a good deal for the suite and for the several people we had to feed at breakfast. If the management were a bit more active in resolving the relatively minor issues quickly, I would have been a lot more satisfied.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing away from I-95 (to the back of the hotel)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for providing feedback. First of all, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the internet outage on property during your stay; we understand how important internet access is to our guests and I've spoken with my front desk staff about offering assistance in such cases. Similarly, I have spoken with the front desk staff regarding proactive monitoring of the pool area to ensure the rules are being followed and that the towels are stocked. I hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to providing an excellent guest experience.