SpringHill Suites Milford
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$87
Hampton.com
$81
$73
Hotels.com
Hilton Garden Inn Milford(Milford)(Great Value!)
$99
$67
$85
$144
$113
Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven(Milford)(Great Value!)
$67
Travelocity
$72
$52
Residence Inn Milford(Milford)
$107
$98
Travelocity
All reviewsthe sofa bedstayed longerpool and hot tublounge areaoatmealfree breakfastsmall barfront desk staffthe spring hill suiteswaffle makerearly checknew havenking suitestayed here for one nightnice breakfastvery nice hotelchecking out
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our large family stayed in a suite with room for six (apparently, you must book for five in the room, however). There were two double beds plus a pull out sofa. All linens were clean and fresh. Our room was extra large as it was handicapped accessible which worked out nicely for us. The room also had a small sink, fridge and microwave. Air conditioning worked well and was needed on a hot, humid day.
The kids used the small, indoor pool. They liked it for a quick dip but couldn't do much else if there were too many others around. There was also a hot tub. A fitness room was near the pool and although we din't use it, was open 24 hours.
Check in was quick and easy, although, as it turns out, there was a slight glitch later in the evening when another hotel staff person checked a second family into our room, while we were in there! As a result, our room keys were no longer valid, thus requiring another trip to the front desk where apologies were given and everything fixed very quickly. Hey, mistakes happen.
The breakfast was nice, plentiful and ready at 6:30 am on a Sunday! That really came in handy because we needed to be out the door at 7:00. There was a huge selection for all tastes and diets. There were scrambled eggs, veggie sausages, oatmeal (with multiple toppings), yogurt, juices, make your own waffles, plenty of breads/muffins, coffee and tea. We had no problem finding what we needed and the staff was terrific keeping a watch over the buffet, filling as needed.
Overall, great place to stay with great access to 95. All staff we encountered were wonderful. Front desk even has a list of area restaurants with directions from the hotel as well as takeout menus from local places that deliver.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. I apologize about the inconvenience with your room keys but am happy to hear that my front desk staff corrected the issue. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. We have had rave reviews on the new breakfast that was rolled out to all SpringHill Suites at the beginning of July. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you through the Milford area again. Best Regards, Michael Hamilton

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Springhill Suites in Milford, Ct was immaculate, friendly employees, beautiful flowers on the grounds. We were also there on one of the hottest days so far July 4th, the air conditioning worked great and we even saw some gorgeous fireworks from our window. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judyr51
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at this location for the first time. I've traveled to the area numerous times in the past, and usually stay at the Marriott in New Haven. Overall, the king sized suite was a nice size. I stayed on the top floor at the back of the property and although I could still hear occasional traffic on I95, it wasn't a deal breaker. However, I was a bit disappointed with smudges and stains on the walls in the bathroom and the cleaniness of the floor. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows had no support.
Breakfast at 8am on Sunday was impossible to navigate and there was very little food available. It seemed as if everything had been picked over and not replenished. Even fruit. :-( I skipped it and checked out. Overall, for the traveling I do to the area, I will consider this location again for a second chance.

• Stayed: June 2013
Michael H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your recent experience with me. Your feedback is important as we look to exceed our guests expectations. Marriott's are known for attention to detail and your comments about the details in the cleanliness of our suites will be shared with our team. I am happy to report that the property is upgrading the standards of our pillows as feedback such as yours is essential to keeping our guests happy. The SpringHill Suites also recently rolled out a new breakfast which is more bountiful and focuses on presentation. I appreciate your comments about giving the property another try and I am confident wether you stay at the SpringHill Suites in Milford or another location you will be pleased. Best Regards, Michael Hamilton

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for its convenience while on a road trip. As a Marriott rewards member, I can count on getting a room in one of the top floors. This is the first time that I've been given a first floor room with a window that was about 5 feet from the parking lot. The first thing I did was close the curtains, which was a shame since it was a sunny day and I like natural lighting. I certainly couldn't sleet with the curtains open!

All evening, I heard the people in the room above me walking around. It wasn't like they were stomping or jumping on the floor; they were just walking. I should not have heard them, so that was a disappointment.

On a positive note: I forgot a razor but didn't realize it until after 10 PM. I didn't relish the thought of having to go out to find a drug store, so I called the front desk and they gladly provided 3 disposable razors. When I got to the front desk, the clerk had placed them in a gift bag so no one would know my personal business. I really appreciated that.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with me at our property. I apologize that we were unable to accommadate the request on your Marriott Rewards profile for a high floor. I am sorry that this disturbed what should have been a peaceful night for you. I was happy to hear that my front desk staff was efficient and we will look to improve on ensuring our guests requests are met. Best Regards, Michael Hamilton

Reviewed June 20, 2013

On our traveling vacation I was fortunate enough to get the last room this hotel had due to
a cancellation that happened just as I was checking for a room. It worked out great and
the hotel was excellent. The room we got was a king suite and the bed was extremely
comfortable. The hotel was clean and well maintained and had a good free breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple