“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient”

SpringHill Suites Milford
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed April 22, 2008

We needed a place for our family of four to stay after visiting relatives in Westchester County, NY. The Springhill Suites in Milford was a great choice--one I made with the help of opinions on this board.

The hotel is very conveniently located right off Route 95 either Northbound or Southbound. While it overlooks the highway, we found it to be very quiet. Free parking was a plus. We paid $109 including taxes and a free breakfast. Definitely better than sleeping on a relatives pull out couch!

The reception/dining area is quite nice and we were checked in quickly. Our room had two double beds and a sitting area with a small kitchenette. The bathroom had a separate toilet/bath room and a sink outside.

The free breakfast was more than continental with make-your-own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, cereal, yoghurt, donuts, toast, bagels, fruit and great coffee.

It completely fit the bill for us. The hotel is on the Bridgeport side of Milford. And it wasn't clear whether places to dine would be convenient as we ate with family. And we never used the pool but it looked nice.

We would definitely stay here again if the need presented itself.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Milford

Reviewed January 21, 2008

I really liked my stay at the Springhill suites in Milford. Right away I had a pleasant greeting from the staff. We were even able to check in about 1/2 hr early too which was nice!

They asked us what floor we would like and I picked the 3rd. We got to the room and it was a really nice layout. There was a work area (They offer free Wi-fi) and behind the desk there was a mini-fridge, microwave, sink and some cabinet space for food. Also had a coffee maker and had coffee as well as tea! They had a nice sofa which was also a pull out bed and next to the sofa bed there was a comfy chair.

Between the living area and bedroom area there was a mini wall. We had king size bed. The bathroom was in the back of the room. The sink was outside of the bathroom. Some things that they included were facial soap, body soap, lotion, seperate shampoo & conditioner as well as eye makeup remover!

To place the soap next to the sink they included a real soap dish! Which was quite nice. Also next to the sink there were 2 glass cups.

The bathroom had two seperate switches. One for the light and one for the fan. The shower had many different settings on it. I would say there had to be about 5 different settings to set the water.

However, I did find a problem with the room. I tried connecting to the internet, the network was found and I was connected to the network, I just wasn't getting the internet.

Turned out the wire was damaged. So, I went downstairs and I told them the problem. They switched my room for me, and to make it easiest they moved me one room over!

This one everything was on the opposite side. The work area was on the right versus the left. The first thing I did was to check the wire for the internet and it was fine.

The breakfast there was amazing! I've never seen a better selection. Muffins, bagels, toast, english muffins, sausage, bacon & cheese, waffles, etc.

This hotel is located right off the highway. As soon as you get off the highway (at least going south) the left turn is RIGHT there.

There isn't a lot of stuff right next to the hotel, but if you hop on 95 north within 5 mins you will have a lot of restaurants to go to (Bennigans, texas roadhouse, pizzeria uno's, panera bread,etc) as well as the movies and the mall. (movies are in the mall)

The staff was very friendly. I was in the hotel with them and as they got off the 2nd floor they told me to nice a nice night and enjoy my stay.

Another thing that I liked was in the closest they had a bag which included extra sheets, an extra pillow and a huge comfortable blanket.

They also have pay-per view movies which we ended up ordering. They are a little pricey, but it's nice for a relaxing night in.

Plus checkout time is noon which was an added bonus.

Instead of vending machines they have "the market" which is next to the front desk. It includes drinks, snacks, ice cream frozen pizzas as well as some things that you might neeed to buy at a CVS (tweezers, clippers, etc)

The pool that they had was nice. They had a bunch of lounge chairs and lot of towels around. The pool was the perfect temperature. Not too hot and not too cold. The whirlpool was nice and relaxing.

I really enjoyed my stay here and I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ocean7Breeze
Reviewed November 12, 2007

A group of us stayed at this hotel because it was a mid-way stop from where we live to NYC. I chose this hotel because it was a Marriott property and would have certain standards. I was impressed overall by the property- clean, friendly staff, decent size suites. It's literally right off the highway which makes it easy for getting on/off. The free breakfast has a great assortment of hot and cold items. There is even a small bar area if you wanted a drink in the evening as the hotel does not really have anything close by. Overall I would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank Griffy234
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Great room. Very clean. Front desk staff was very friendly. Quiet.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Do not stay in this hotel if you have children. It is a very unfriendly place for kids. The hotel itself is lovely. The rooms are nice. The suite setup is great. There is a microwave and refrigerator and a large 37" TV. The breakfast is also very nice. There is a great selection of breakfast foods and coffee. I booked one night in the hotel for my son's 9th Birthday party, I went to the hotel in person and told them I wanted to have a sleepover/pool party for my son and three other boys. They were very nice and said that would be just fine and showed us around the hotel. I brought the boys to the pool and they were having a great time. After an hour, a woman started yelling at my husband and me that we better control our kids because they were diving in the pool and splashing everyone. The boys never dove as there is a no diving rule posted - with the pool being 4-1/2 feet deep. The four 9 year olds stood at the edge and took turns jumping into the pool. I can't say that it wasn't annoying. It was - but they took care not to jump near others and excersized admirable behavior for young boys. They also swam laps, hung by the side of the pool, tossed a small beach ball and splash ball about. This woman kept yelling at me and my husband even after I gathered the children out of the pool and said that we were leaving. She was screaming out of control. The manager arrived and said he was going to call the police. My son was crying and asking me if he was going to jail. It was AWFUL. The kids were just being kids in a public pool and they were subjected to a tirade of screaming insults by another adult hotel guest and the manager did nothing but give them more angst. After the kids were consoled and put to bed, I spoke to the manager and told him that I was sorry that there was a problem. I explained that the children were fully supervised and that their behavior might have been annoying to one who wanted a quiet soak in the hot tub. Kids tend to splash about when the swim, I explained. I'm sorry that someone was annoyed and gave you grief. However, it is a public pool and you would expect childen staying at the hotel to want to enjoy it. The manager said nothing. I got the feeling that he still believed - without ever witnessing what transpired in the pool, that my children were little demons terrorizing the other hotel guests. This feeling was confirmed the next morning when a person at the front desk motioned to me and stated that my children had broken a yoga ball in the excersize room the prior day and that I would have to pay for it. "Excuse me?", I said, "I was in the excersize room with the children and they did not touch a yoga ball. In fact, we did not even see a ball in the room." "They did it," the desk clerk said. "Do you have proof?" I asked. No, she said. I could not beleive that my kids were accused of breaking hotel property - a $10 yoga ball of all things, simply because they were children and they were in the room. My son piped up, "If we had broken a ball, we would have certainly told you and we would be glad to pay for it." I am so disgusted with this hotel. It is unforgivable to treat children in this manner. Do not bring your children here.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank stacygk
Reviewed July 8, 2007

Late at night, after a 10-hour drive, we pulled off I-95 and happily found the SpringHill Suites right away, situated between a Red Roof and Residence Inn. All of them were advertising surprisingly low rates for the holiday weekend, and we are still wondering how we got such a fantastic hotel for only $79 a night. The parking lot is well lit and they had a nice security guard outside the front door. The lobby was gorgeous--colorful and spacious. To the right of the check-in desk was a large convenience shop with a terrific assortment of snacks. The woman who checked us in, Kelsey, was the consummate professional. The hotel provides free fruit and coffee in the lobby 24/7, but we were starving, and Kelsey's recommendation for late-night Chinese was spot on. Many local restaurants deliver to the hotel free of charge.

Our room was clean and spacious, but we were unnecessarily given a handicapped room and the bathroom was, for us, frustrating. There was a low-profile sink and this, combined with the faucet's force, kept everything--including my shirt fronts--wet at all times. There was a strange stain on the cushioned shower seat, and the shower drained into the middle of the room. On the upside, there were plenty of amenities we were not expecting in there, including free eye makeup remover and shoe shine polish. The bedroom was super, with a huge LG flat-screen TV, free internet access, and tons of pillows everywhere.

We were in town for a wedding and really didn't expect to enjoy the hotel as much as we did. Down the hall was a nice indoor pool and jacuzzi, both very clean. The staff always ended their conversations to us with, "Enjoy your stay," and a smile. When we asked them to take a photo of us before the wedding, they even rearranged their lobby furniture a bit to make for the best background...! To boot, we found the very decent Walnut Beach, only about 2 miles away, and the Bridgeport Ferry Dock a speedy 15 minutes down I-95. We really couldn't have chosen a sweeter location and if we ever return to CT, we'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dianeyz
Reviewed July 7, 2007

Wow! What an unexpected bargain at a very pleasant hotel. We had traveled since early morning from NC, through thick DC traffic and horrendous NYC traffic and thought be wouldn't be able to go another mile when we got to the Springhill suites, which we had fortunately booked in advance. It's very difficult to find a vacancy along I-95 at this time of year. The Springhill suites was easily accessible from I-95 with plenty of parking. Check in was friendly and efficient. The lobby was decorated nicely and they have a small, cozy bar tucked away in the back. We had a nice glass of wine and slept wonderfully in a comfortable bed with lovely bedding. We had our 17yr old daughter with us and the room was plenty large with privacy for all. She loved the flat screen TV with small micowave and refrig for coke and popcorn. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, complete with freshly made waffles, fruit and great coffee. The entire hotel was clean and neat and the staff was helpful and very friendly. We had booked about two weeks in advance and were able to get the military rate of $89.00. I think this is the best bargain in New England!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family