We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night for a decent rate($80). The hotel location is very convenient being right off I-95 and while there aren't many eating options close by, there are lots of restaurants and a mall just a couple exits North on Post Rd/US 1 in Milford/Orange. We had no problems with check-in. As was pointed out we did have to sign an agreement outlining that there will be no partying, and were issued parking permits(which were useless photocopies that could easily be duplicated or faked... not sure the reason for using them, the parking lot is plenty big). We used the computer in the lobby to print an email coupon, which worked great. Did not get breakfast so I can't comment on that.
This definitely was an older Springhill property and it showed in some areas. Our room had the standard little kitchen area which is nice to have. The HDTV was the first one I've ever encountered that didn't have a port to plug in a VGA cord from a laptop, because it was a much older model. Worse there wasn't a SINGLE HD channel, all the regular channels looked mediocre at best. Ditch the old PPV system, it's 2012 not 2002. Bathroom was fine, and the room overall was clean. The HVAC worked ok, although it seemed to want to stop cooling even with the fan set ON and the temp as low as it could go, perhaps this was due to the motion sensor.
The HVAC couldn't drown out the NOISE from I-95 though! EVERY single truck we could hear go by, which did not make for an easy time falling asleep. I imagine the rooms on the other side of the hotel are quieter, I will never stay here again unless i'm on that side, and then it's questionable. Did not have the best night's sleep from the constant noise of trucks going by. If you are a light sleeper consider another hotel. Oddly enough I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn just a minute away on the other side of I-95 and didn't hear traffic.
After reading some other recent reviews about vehicle break-ins and my not so restful night sleep, I'm not sure I'll stay here again. Plenty of other hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel the energy of our eclectic lobby and the warming fireplace glow, assuring you that you made the right choice in accommodations by staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Milford CT. Whether you choose a Double-Double Suite, a King Suite or a King Spa Suite, you'll find our well-appointed accommodations make it easy to enjoy your stay here. Join us for our complimentary breakfast buffet or choose from to-go items at the 24-hour food market. Internet throughout the hotel helps you stay connected, while the fascinating location offers you many reasons to explore. Whether here for business or pleasure, SpringHill Suites Milford has all you need to make the most of your stay. Our fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool provide a relaxing way to spend your free time between business and the many pleasures that surround our hotel. And after an eventful day, our stylish Bar & Lounge make for an inviting nightcap. SpringHill Suites Milford offers hassle-free complimentary onsite parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Milford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Milford Hotel Milford
- Milford Springhill Suites