“Second Stay, good as the first”
Review of Motel 6 Milford

Motel 6 Milford
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here in January during a snowstorm and returned here again in February. It was a nice alternative to a Hilton property I usually stay it. This property is easy to access off the highway with a friendly staff. Both times I have run into Alexandria at check-in, check-out or both. She is friendly and efficient. The computer and printer in the lobby are convenient and work easily. The breakfast was good with full serving dishes. It was not busy on either morning when I had breakfast, but the chairs and tables seem crowded, so a weekend or large group could overwhelm the area. Both times the rooms were neat and clean with nothing out of order. I will return here in the future as a guest alone or with family.

Room Tip: The hotel is nestled alone at a lower elevation from the highway and surrounded by trees. There was...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Paul W, General Manager at Motel 6 Milford, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the return visit. In regards to the breakfast room, we do provide additional seating during busier periods in order to provide the same consistently efficient and comfortable experience.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here in November 2013 to tour colleges in the area. I was very impressed with the rates and ease of check-in. The room was very well-kept, clean and the beds were comfortable. I am a pushover for a nice hot continental breakfast with a lot of choices and this lived up to my expectations. My only assessment is to add more shelving or counter space in the bathroom /sink area. We had a great stay and if our son does go to college in CT, I know where we will be staying on visits.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to provide a consistent, pleasurable experience from check in to check out, and I am glad we were able to deliver. Good luck to your son in his college search. We will be pulling for a Connecticut school and look forward to many future visits.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were a large group of 30 from China attending a conference at Yale University for 4 days in China, and chose to stay at the Fairfield Inn based on good reviews and value. It is always complicated traveling with a large group, especially without transport during the conference, but Paul and his team were fantastic in making arrangements, giving us regular use of their dining room for meetings, arranging for catering services, and complimentary shuttles (4 times a day) between the hotel and Yale to and from conference sessions.

Highly recommended for other large groups visiting Yale and nearby universities – we will be back!

Stewart Johnson
Beijing, China

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stewart J
Paul W, General Manager at Motel 6 Milford, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words Mr.Johnson.

It was a pleasure having your group here. As you know (and we saw first hand), there is a lot of coordinating a group leader has to take on. Our team is experienced at handling both pre and on-site needs of large groups, and do all we can to make the entire group experience seamless, efficient, and problem free. This allows you to focus all of your efforts on the event you are here to participate in. You and your team should be commended for your organization and cooperation during your visit. This was clearly a win/win!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here for a week and very nice . Staff was friendly . Drove past it my first time , but that was ok cause when i got settled in it was worth it. Always got back late from work and really didn't get a Chance to run into anyone. But my room was always clean. So i was happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, General Manager at Motel 6 Milford, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts. We are certainly glad you found us. We do sit a little below the road, which works to our advantage. Unlike other area hotels, although we are close to the highway, traffic noise is eliminated due to our location.
I'm glad you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable. I hope you get to spend a little more time getting to know us on your next visit!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

A little hidden, you blink and you will miss it. The outside doesn't look like much but the property is well kept and maintained clean. As dirty as the street gets during winter, with all the mud and salt outside, I witnessed the maintenance personal constantly mopping the floor. Great effort to upkeep and preserve a positive image of the hotel. Friendly staff, quick check in and polite personnel, made my stay a joy.

Room Tip: Stay on the even number hotel rooms. It's quieter....
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Paul W, General Manager at Motel 6 Milford, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. The winter months can certainly be challenging for hotels. Our staff is very diligent in keeping our hotel clean and our service up to the highest standards and I am grateful we were able to exceed your expectations in these areas.The exterior of our property can be a bit deceiving in winter time when our grounds are reduced to a winter wonderland; so I encourage you to visit over the spring and summer, when we can display our exterior landscaping as well as feature our outdoor pool and picnic area.

Thank you for staying with us!
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We satyed one night while traveling for Christmas. Quick easy check in. Had no reservations. Room was very clean. I could hear a little highway noise that wouldn't bother most people. Breakfast was OK. The lady attending to the breakfast was very attentive. Kept the food in good order. Good eggs, sausage, and the usual. Would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Paul W, General Manager at Motel 6 Milford, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for your kind feedback. The efficient service from check in, to breakfast, to departure is indicative of what you can expect from our hotel. We are excited to be offering a new expanded cable package and have several enhancements planned for the coming year. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I must say that the staff at this hotel was short of amazing. I had my family of 30 and we needed 10 rooms. Our arrival time was really early in the day and the allowed us to check into our rooms. Working with the sales director was great she attentive to the needs of my family.
Have the hot breakfast was nice for the family even though I didn't partake..
Please keep up the great work.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. The staff and I are grateful that you enjoyed your stay. We do all we can to accommodate group requests and we were happy to provide the early check in your family needed. We hope to see you next year!

Paul Williamson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Red Roof Inn Milford
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Motel 6 Milford? Share your experiences!