“Family vacation”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Chicago, Illinois
“Family vacation”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I must say that the staff at this hotel was short of amazing. I had my family of 30 and we needed 10 rooms. Our arrival time was really early in the day and the allowed us to check into our rooms. Working with the sales director was great she attentive to the needs of my family.
Have the hot breakfast was nice for the family even though I didn't partake..
Please keep up the great work.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paul W, General Manager at Motel 6 Milford, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. The staff and I are grateful that you enjoyed your stay. We do all we can to accommodate group requests and we were happy to provide the early check in your family needed. We hope to see you next year!

Paul Williamson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have spent around 50 nights per year at this hotel for the last four years. Their rooms are clean and they serve a nice breakfast. More important to me is the fact that their beds are very comfortable and their people are always friendly and curtious.

Room Tip: Always try to book a few weeks in advance so you can be on the floor you want and near the front des...
Green Features: They are up to date with most hotels. They have signs in regards to towels and information cards.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. When you travel often, it is comforting to know you are going to see the same faces week in and week out, providing clean accommodations and great service. This consistency is sometimes hard to find, and it is our goal to maintain this level at all times. We look forward to seeing you in the new year.

Best Regards

Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for approx 10 weeks, two nights each of the 10 weeks. I needed an economical hotel for business. Not only was the price great, during my entire stay, I had 0 complaints. This is unusual but the hotel runs very very well, and I've had many years of business travel staying in many different hotels ranging from top notch to low rate. The Sales Manager was as nice and accommodating as can be, as was the front desk staff, and breakfast host. I felt safe, the room temperature was great, cleaniness never an issue. It made my business venture easy. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to fellow business travelers or friends/family. An exceptional value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, General Manager at Motel 6 Milford, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. The team takes great care in creating a home way from home for frequent travelers by providing clean, comfortable accommodations and a welcoming atmosphere. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a stopover driving from D.C. to Boston.

As far as hotels in Milford go, this is probably one of the best ones. It delivers the same consistent experience as one would expect from any other Fairfield (which I personally enjoy), the only difference is that this property is a bit older. The rooms are very comfortable with the usual design features and comforts of a Fairfield (fridge, microwave). The hotel is close to the main commercial strip of Milford, so easily accessible to restaurants, etc.

The breakfast was nice, although the breakfast room was a bit small, the meal itself was up to standard for Fairfield.

Overall I enjoyed my experience, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us and for your kind feedback. We are happy we were able to provide the consistent and positive experience you can expect from a Fairfield Inn . We are excited about our planned renovations for next year which include expanding the breakfast room and other exciting enhancements. See you soon!

Heiligenhaus, Germany
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here when travelling to New York and were given a handicapped room. There was a lot of noise from the outdoors and from the air conditioner. When we tried to use the pool, it was locked and the telephone at the pool does not work to call rooms. Breakfast seems to be put away very early. The beds are nice and the computer works well in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a regular visitor to Milford, this is the place I stay when I'm traveling solo. Clean, neat and close to where I want to go, it fits all my needs.
It would be nice if the pool were indoor and open year-round but that option is available for a few more dollars at the Springhill Suites around the corner. Another drawback is that the lack of sidewalks precludes comfortably walking the short distance to the nearby Boston Post Road. And heavy rains will have debris washing into the parking lot that sits lower than the road. That's about it for the negatives.
The whole place was clean. The staff was friendly. The room was nice. Hot food choices at breakfast were sufficient and there were warm cookies on the counter each evening. There is a shuttle van available for transport into/out of downtown if that suites you. Had I been planning a trip on the Metro North rail line I would certainly have considered it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I can especially appreciate your comments regarding how we sit in relation to the road. On windy days it does keep our houseman busy..... :).
We do find this layout to our advantage as it relates to our proximity to the highway. Though we sit near the interstate we do not deal with potential noise issues as some of our neighboring hotels as we do reside in a quaint little "valley".
We hope to see you again soon!

General Manager.
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Let me start by offering a suggestion for this property. When I exited the interstate I drove past your entrance because I did not see a "Fairfield Inn or Marriott" sign. I did not recognize your logo. Other than that I am happy about the two nights I spent here last week. Clean room, quite room, friendly staff, good enough breakfast. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo