“Not impressed!”
Review of Motel 6 Milford

Motel 6 Milford
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Milford as a stopover on our way to PA. Perhaps we should have taken the sign welcoming no less than 4 high school wrestling teams as a warning, or maybe the extra tables set up for breakfast should have been a tipoff, or even the dirty athletic sock that was on the check-in counter (my husband had the pleasure of moving it so that he could sign for the room) should have been enough for us to think twice about staying here. It was unfortunate - the front desk staff was very pleasant, the room clean and attractive - but the noise and the running up and down the halls all night was awful.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...when we tried to go to the breakfast area in the morning we were met with dozens of students everywhere and there was no food left (this was before 8 a.m.) The poor woman who was supposed to maintain and stock the area was in a daze. It looked as if a tornado had gone through the place.

We were very disppointed. There should have been some organization or arrangements made so that the guests could also have breakfast.

If I ever consider this hotel again I will call ahead to make sure they haven't booked a large group.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul W, General Manager at Motel 6 Milford, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

I want to apologize for the experience you had at our property. This particular weekend is not the norm for the hotel; though we do host youth and college sports teams on occasion. My team and I work diligently to prepare for these groups, most specifically the extra traffic we sometimes get during breakfast. The reason we provide the additional seating is to accommodate for teams and we encourage them to use this additional seating area as opposed to the breakfast room. When we host multiple schools, most times we can easily coordinate staggered times for the teams to eat during breakfast hours so as not to overwhelm the area. Unfortunately, due to the match schedule and other factors specific to this event we were unable to accomplish this during your stay.
I certainly feel additional staff in the breakfast area, as well as in the evening could have helped managed the flow of guests in the breakfast area, as well as later in the guest corridors. We will certainly take this additional measure should we encounter similar circumstances in the future.

I would like you to contact me directly if and when you are planning a return to our area, so I can arrange accommodations for you. My staff and I look forward to providing a positive and memorable customer experience.
I am available to discuss this further at your convenience.

Thank you again for your comments.

Paul Williamson

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Reservation made earlier in the day online. Registration was quick. Room lock deadbolt needed my wife to explain how to use the handle inside to make it retract. When we left it was not possible to close the door due to the deadbolt not retracting. The manager looked at it and said it needed a spring. Quick service on this item. Second item was the in wall heater/ AC. Set to heat at 70 degrees thermostat worked but occasionally the fan would whine so loud it woke me up 2x. Breakfast was included and standard Fairfield inn faire. Got the AAA rate.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed her one night on a Marriott gift card. The hotel is located very close to I95, so it's perfect if you're traveling by. The rooms are fine, very average but clean. The best part of this hotel is the breakfast. It includes all of the standard juices and cereals but included fixings(nuts, fruit & brown sugar) for hot oatmeal. There were hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage & make your own waffles. It made for a very pleasant start for the day!

Room Tip: we usually get a king room but they were all booked so we ended up with 2 beds because the single be...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank daydreamer19
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night. The staff was very helpful. The hotel had a gas card promotion. One night stay gave you a $25 gas card. Nice buffet breakfast in morning with yummy chocolate chip cookies at check-in. There is a CVS down the street from the hotel & a quaint downtown area about a 10 drive from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We picked this hotel for the Marriott name and the very reasonable rates. We were visiting my terminally ill mother. Everything met our expectations and when the staff discovered that my mother had passed away, flowers were sent to our room and accommodations were made to extend our visit as well as find an additional room for my visiting adult children. Without asking, we were given the bereavement rate.
From the housekeeping staff to the breakfast attendant to the the front office staff, we could not have been treated any more courteously or professionally. General manager Paul Williamson is to be commended. We'll be back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Paul W, General Manager at Motel 6 Milford, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words. We were so happy to be of service during a difficult time. We look forward to seeing you under happier circumstances in the near future!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is why the bigger names like Marriott are successful. This is an inexpensive option compared to other hotels but they do not skimp on service or cleanliness. i have had to stay in this hotel a lot for business trips and I am satisfied each time I stay. It really is like a home away from home. I would definatley recommend for travelers just needing to stay a couple nights. the location to restuarants and stores is also great. If you stay here make your way to the restaurants that Fairfield recommends on the print out at the front desk. Each place was better than the next.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived late without booking - easily settled in. This Marriott establishment was indiscernable from Best Western both in layout and breakfast. Good service and value. Front desk guy was very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeslieFay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven
Hampton Inn Milford
Hampton Inn Milford
#5 of 13 in Milford
SpringHill Suites Milford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
The Circle Hotel Fairfield

Been to Motel 6 Milford? Share your experiences!