“Fresh food at a reasonable price”
Review of Incas

Incas
Ranked #19 of 252 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Milford, Connecticut
“Fresh food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite spots. The owner is nice and the food is great
Best green sauce ever. My wife got the chicken saltado and I got the Pobre. It was delicious

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank brian b

New Haven, Connecticut
“Pleasant Peruvian Locale”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stumbled upon Incas. It was not overly crowded which made it easy to get in on a Saturday night at prime time. The server was attentive and kind. Tip: When a customer orders a bottle of wine, you should show the closed bottle to the person who is going to taste it. Our server brought the bottle already open to our table and did not allow us to taste.

The ceviche was very good, a bit on the spicy side even though we said we wanted a mildly spiced ceviche. They ran out of the roasted chicken so my partner order the lomo saltado which he said was very average. The pork was very tough.

I ordered an appetizer for my main course, the yuca frita a la huancaina. I was very satisfied with the portion and the flavors although I have had more colorful (tumeric) huancaina sauces in the past.

We didn't have room for dessert. All in all, despite the fact that my partner's main course wasn't very good, we were happy with the overall experience. We would like to return to try the roasted chicken.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Paloma N
Milford, CT
“Peruvian Food that entices Peruvians and Milfordites”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We tried this restaurant when it just opened, fairly soon after visiting Macchu Picchu in Peru. The food was so good that we truly hoped they would stay in business. They are a little off the main streets at the corner of Naugatuck and Milford Point Rd in the western part of Milford. They have stayed in business and the food is good and generous. Expect to be treated to "slow Food". This is a place to enjoy conversation while you eat, even if a little noisy (bu;t what place isn't these days?) Ask for the Blue Corn drink (non alcoholic) that they make; don't settle for the kind that comes in a bottle.
It is nice to see the mix of people eating in this small restaurant: Peruvians, Latin Americans, and locals from generations of Milford families.

One bonus this summer was to watch the building of a stone fence around the parking lot. Ancient Peruvians built the most fantastic stone buildings and walls that exactly fitted without cement between stones before there were power tools. The wall that went up to protect cars outside this restaurant is worth inspecting in order to appreciate quality workmanship!

Visited November 2012
6 Thank Travelwaves
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Just love the food!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My friends, family and I go to Incas often.

The food is always fresh and taste just like homemade... Truly amazing! The staff is always attentive and when they are not so busy, the food comes out quickly.
Their "salsa vierde" is so delicious that we actually by a container to bring home. It goes well with pretty much anything you can eat!!

Highly recommend this Peruvian style Restaurant!

Can't wait to be back there again :)

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank Carlafus1983
Shelton, Connecticut
“HAD A GREAT MEAL!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This quaint place is very romantic and a nice change from the usual around here. Excellent seafood!

Visited April 2011
5 Thank Catherine M

Been to Incas? Share your experiences!