“Excellent service”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Watford, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stopped here on our 1st night in USA just using it as a bolt hole between New York and Boston. However, the service from the staff was so exceptional we made sure we revisited on our return journey.
The hotel is very conveniently located near the interstate junction. The guy on reception was absolutely focussed on making sure everything was 100% right for us. And it was - the room was large, comfortable and clean and perfect for us. We had adinner in the bar and again the waitress was very friendly and attentive which was backed up by good quality food (pub fare) served quickly and for a fair price. In the morning we opted for breakfast in the restaurant and this was the only thing I could find a fault with in that not all the hot food was available until approx 1/2 hour after the service started. However, the apology was generous and genuine and the food was worth waiting for.
On our return trip 2 weeks later we were not dispappointed - both the guy on the front desk and the waitress remembered us and again we had similar superb service.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Candi CJ C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Milford. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team as I know how much pride the employees take in making sure every guest feels at home away from home.

Again, thank you for your kind words and hopefully we will see you back at Hilton Garden Inn Milford!

Candi Clark-Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a king suite for my wedding weekend. The bed was very comfortable, but the pull-out bed was not at all. The shuttle drivers and service were great, and I left things at the hotel after check out and they were shipping to me immediately. However, the staff failed to give out the welcome bags to my guests, which contained the information about my wedding schedule. They resolved the problem immediately, so that helped. Finally, since they knew I was staying on my wedding night, although I was in the room during housekeeping hours, it would've been nice if they had come in and made the bed and left some towels for us to enjoy the room when we got back from our reception. We held a brunch the morning after and the food and service was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Candi CJ C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a guest review. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! Please know that we work very hard to ensure that every stay at our hotel is memorable and our desire is that everyone rates us a “10” each and every stay!
Whidbey Island, Wa
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I travel about three weeks/month nationally, almost always staying in a Hilton family hotel. I've stayed at this property about 20 nights over two years and the reason I return are many. The staff across the board is fantastic. The gentleman at the front desk greets me by name even if I've not been at the property for months. The bartenders and kitchen team are so gracious and accommodate all kinds of tweaked menu options without issue. They even remember from night to night what I ordered! The rooms have always been immaculate, water pressure is great, it's convenient to the highway, yet it's very quiet. This is such a comfortable hub for working CT. This is my go-to hotel in the state and I highly recommend it.
Thanks to the Milford Hilton Garden Team for always being so kind.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Candi CJ C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a Guest Review. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! Please know that we work very hard to ensure that every stay at our hotel is memorable and our desire is that everyone rates us a “10” each and every stay!
tiggermyron
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were taking the kids to a concert at Mohegan Sun Arena and were not up for $500+ a night at Mohegan Sun. So, instead we decided to use our Hilton Honors points to stop somewhere on the route but still a reasonable distance from the casino. This was perfect! Right off the highway, mall shopping and restaurants nearby...an easy hour drive from Mohegan Sun and a great price. The hotel was spotless and the accessible room we required was huge! There were some minor issues with the maintenance of bathroom handrails but we noted it with the desk as we left and they were right on it. Has an indoor pool, cafe, etc. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Candi CJ C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a Guest Review and also providing the hotel with your feedback regarding the guestroom. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! Please know that we work very hard to ensure that every stay at our hotel is memorable and our desire is that everyone rates us a “10” each and every stay!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This was another "unplanned" stay following my business trip in Philly. I had a coupon for this hotel also. Upon arrival, I was very impressed with the size, warmth, and welcoming feeling of the lobby. Check in was equally pleasant. I requested a room in a quiet location. Unfortunately, the floors are very thin as I could hear all the noise of the guest above me. This of course is a structural issue, not something staff can change aside from moving me to another room. I was too tired and road weary for that:-(

• Stayed March 2013
Candi CJ C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! Please know that we work very hard to ensure that every stay at our hotel is memorable and our desire is that everyone rates us a “10” each and every stay!
Lorain
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I loved this hotel. I stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip. The staff was great they remembered my name and room service memorized what I liked to order they already knew what I wanted before I asked. I also loved the pressure controlled bed. The gym was great. They had a dining area, bar and kitchen, room service, and a 24hr mini store. My room was very clean. The cleaning people would go up and down the hallway twice incase you forgot to take off your DND sign and missed them. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Candi CJ C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your response and for taking the time to let us know your opinion. We value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Perfect for an overnight stay with the family. Attentive staff that is very helpful. Entire hotel was clean. Fairly priced breakfast & food was very good, which saved the hassle of going to find a place to eat. Would definitely stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Pick a room in front of the facility. Truck traffic behind will make for an early wake-up.