“great play to stay”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Stephens City, Virginia
“great play to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

For being right out of New York City the cost of the room was very reasonable. The hotel is very clean and well kept. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is easy on and off Interstate 95. Would be glad to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
mattkin24, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Kelly L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. It was nice to hear that you had an enjoyable time at the hotel. The team of employees at the hotel take great pride in being able to offer each of our guests both a clean and a friendly place to stay when you are "on the road".

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and hopefully you will come back and enjoy us again in the future.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Helpful staff, clean rooms, good value but why do you have to pay for breakfast?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tltravels
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Tltravels,

Thank you for your feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the hotel.
In regards to breakfast being included, we do have that as one of the options for purchase. When making reservations to stay with us in the future, please do not hesitate to inquire about the rate that includes breakfast and we will be happy to accomodate.

Thank you again for your comments and hopefully you will join us again in the near future.

Regards,

Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our Company holds meetings here 3-4 times per year and it's just the best! Thinking of Milford, Connecticut of having a great hotel wouldn't be my first choice, but in this case it is. If your destination is Milford or your just passing through- make a stop here.

The Hotel:
Conveniently located off I-95, the hotel has a warm and inviting lobby. The reception desk personnel, especially Aviel is just the best. Upon check in, he upgraded me to a larger room. He was friendly every time he saw me in the lobby. A special thanks to Alyson! Every aspect of our meeting was taken care of and nothing was too small to ask for help. Or conference room was cold, they adjusted it..then it was warm, they adjusted it...I think we drove them nuts but they never seemed to be bothered.

The hotel has great food, which is also hard to find. There is a pool, and a guest laundry room...I love that!

My Room:
I was in room 219, not far from the evaluator, but never heard a thing. The room was beyond Hugh....Olympic size is more like it....there was a desk, micro wave, small fridge, sink and powder room. The bed was a king, with lots of pillows .....there was a flat screen tv, clock radio with an iPod connection. The room was cool and the temperature controls were easy to use. The bathroom was immaculate! Sometimes you find a "stray hair " here and there---not here.
There was shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, mouthwash, shoe mitt and even a shower cap.
There was a nice stock of towels...

And finally, Alyson recommended a restaurant for or dinner out- Jeffrey's , which was right down the street. The hotel offered to shuttle us over, since it was so close..then they picked us up......
The food was yummy and the wine list was great!

We will return here again in September for our annual meeting and I can't wait....next time I will bring my bathing suit!!

Room Tip: Room 219. There are only 4 floors....this has a nice view of the back of the hotel, was close to ice...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear corresources,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Milford.
It was such a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed both the hotel and what the surrounding area has to offer.

I have shared your comments with all of our employees, as I know how excited they get when they have achieved their goal of outstanding guest service.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and hopefully you will be back to visit with us again soon.

Respectfully,

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed for one night at Hilton Garden Inn in Milford, CT mostly because of the location. I was on a college tour with my son from NYC to Boston and this was right off I-95 so I booked a room at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the room was spacious and beds were comfortable. Nothing fancy, just nice and clean room. Only complaints are wieless was slow, and coffee weak^^*

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank coffeeloverfromca
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear coffeeloverfromca,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your comments regarding the coffee and the wireless speed and we are taking the necessary steps to improve these two areas, in hopes that all of our guests will be more satisfied on future stays.

Again, thank you for your comments and hopefully you will be staying with us again in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have many choices to choose from when it comes to hotels in the area, but I always choose the Hilton Garden Inn in Milford because I honestly can say I've never had a bad experience while staying there. The staff is great and very helpful and friendly, I've seen other guest have common small issues while in the hotel, and the staff was always polite and quick to resolve the issue and make the guest feel right at home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerard M
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Gerard M,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stays at Hilton Garden Inn Milford. First of all let me say thank you for making HGI Milford your hotel of choice, as I do know there are many other options in the local area.
On behalf of the entire team, please know how much we appreciate your business and value you as one of our regular guests.
If there is any way that we can make your future stays with us any more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Middleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Clean and a great staff. I stay twice a week and would not look to stay anyplace else
Being a Diamond Hilton member I travel a lot and you need a place that treats you special

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paul B,

Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding your regular visits to Hilton Garden Inn Milford. We appreciate your business and value you as an Hilton Honors Diamond Member.
As always, if there is anything that you feel we could do better to make your stays with us more enjoyable, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Respectfully,

Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very clean & cozy. The hotel is close to the highway & shopping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CAICOS10,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you felt the accommodations were clean, cozy and convenient. I do appreciate the positive comments and will be sure to pass along to all of our employees.

Thanks again and we hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future.

Regards,

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Hampton Inn Milford
Hampton Inn Milford
#3 of 13 in Milford
SpringHill Suites Milford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Milford
Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Milford? Share your experiences!