“A Gastropub "Something For Everyone"”

Bridge House Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 258 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice atmosphere, nice menu, with something for everyone. On my first visit I had the Pan Roasted Atlantic Salmon with the Calamari appetizer. I liked it so much I went back the next night and tried the Grilled Swordfish, which was equally as good. The service was prompt and friendly both nights. I'll try the Oven Roasted Monkfish Loin on my next trip to the area.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have friends who like this restaurant, so we have eaten here on several occassions. The menu is odd and the food is just ok. The staff is just ok and I truly question why my friends enjoy this place because we dont. Alas our friends are great even if their taste in food is not.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We drove to Connecticut over Memorial weekend to pick up our new puppy from the breeder. She suggested we stay in Milford the evening before the pickup. I found Bridge House on trip advisor and we gave it a go.

We loved the atmosphere. A bit loud but very energetic and exciting vibe. The decor was contemporary and comfortable. We started with beer. Great selection with Guiness, Stella and some microbrews, IPAs, etc.

For our meal we mixed it up with appetizers, soups and salads. No one ordered an entree, however we noticed the other tables and they looked great.

We started with the mussels special that evening, fra diablo. Very, very good. Large mussels with not one speck of sand. Came with two slices of bread toasted and in a tomato sauce that was a little bit spicey. Although the sauce contained a couple of slices of jalapeño peppers, it was on the mild end of the spice meter.

Two of the three of us had the New England clam chowder. The taste was good, but the broth was a bit thin. We are used to a thicker chowder. We also ordered some side dishes: the sweet potato hash, onion rings, and green beans. Our favorite was the onion rings. Small in size but very good.

I ordered the ceasar salad which was very good. My husband ordered the wings. They were cooked well but he wished he had asked for them unsauced. The sauces was a little too sweet for his taste.

The service was great too. Every thing came out hot and timely.

If we are ever in Milford, CT again, we will definitely return to Bridge House.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've driven by this restaurant 100's of times but always ignored it because of the rather bland exterior (I judged it as an average pub/american blah). But today finally tried it, to take my grandma and mom out for mother's day- we were all quite pleased. The interior is much nicer than the exterior and service was good. My grandmother and I got the halibut/risotto/veggie special and it was REALLY amazing. Appetizer of clam chowder was above average. Bread served at table was average. My mom's fish and chips was above average- for fried fish was light and tasty. Cappucinos were really, really good (and we are coffee snobs). Other than the bread lacking, my only food criticism was that we were told a dish was served with "spring vegetables" but all had a good laugh because zuchini and carrots are NOT spring vegetables; however they were well prepared. Did not get desert, so the $100 for 3 was a bit steep. But my entree was so good that I will definitely eat there again. Was a pleasant, if not pricey, surprise.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Visited for dinner. We sat at the bar as we wanted to watch the NCAA game. The bartender was very accomodating. The atmosphere is excellent and the menu is very different than most places. Although many of the items are familiar, the preparation and presentation is not. I had the duck confit appetizer which was duck in small tacos. Excellent combination of flavors. My wife had the small tuna tacos. Also excellent. My entree was the pepper steak sandwich which was very tasty and perfectly cooked. My wife had the potato crusted halibut special and also thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a great place for great food, prepared and served a bit differently by a kitchen staff that really has thought out the menu. The prices are about what you would expect for quality food, with our bill including 2 glasses of wine each just over $100.