“Great food for all appetites!”

Bridge House Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 251 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stratford, Connecticut
“Great food for all appetites!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Interesting variety of dishes. My husband loved the salmon dish that was served with a lentel rissoto. He liked it so much he can't wait to go back. I wish I had ordered the same thing, it looked delicious. I ordered the Bridge House salad which was wonderful and more in line with the type of food I like to order. For some reason I was in the mood to try the Cuban Pannini. It was tasty, but very heavy and served with fried onion rings. Not my usual choice, since I tend toward healthier entries. But, I'm sure someone who goes for that sort of thing would have loved it. Once I removed the huge piece of ham from the sandwich and was left with just the pork, gouda, pickles and mustard dressing, it was more palettable to me. So you can order an upscale type entree or comfort food like meatloaf. Strange mixture of items and tastes. But seems all well prepared. Whatever floats your boat! I'm interested in going back and trying more of the less heavy items.

• Visited February 2013

Stratford, Connecticut
“Consistently Good!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I will always recommend a restaurant that is consistent with good food. I have been dining at Bridge House Restaurant for years, and have never been disappointed. I tend to enjoy the Caesar salad with chicken for lunch - the parmesan crisp is a nice twist, and always a delight! My Son loves the Caesar salad with salmon.

Dinner favorites vary. Someone once asked about the cuisine, and the answer is, comfort food. Whether it's a chicken pot pie, or a meatloaf, or roast chicken. All dishes are wonderful.

As for décor, I love the brick walls, and the exposed wood.

• Visited February 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Quality dining at the end of Milford”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The quality of the offerings here is a testimony to owner Chris Saly's standard of excellence. I remember the first time eating here at the bar about 4 years ago. The burger was a hefty slab of prime chuck expertly cooked to order, but what added to the experience was the duo of sides-house made shoestring cut buttermilk onion rings sweet, savory, crunchy, juicy and apple fennel slaw a refreshing spin on the mundane cole variety. So we returned for the Butternut squash cavatelli, Slow cooked pulled pork platter, and again for Casino Scallops, Chicken Pot Pie, and again Mussels of the day, Spinach stuffed roasted Chicken, NY Strip, Calamari two ways fried and marinated, this last offering the only dish that has declined in quality over the last year, the last two times I ordered it was disappointing because Calamari was not tender. Overall go and enjoy your dinner!

• Visited August 2012
Connecticut
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great service what else could you want?
Beef short rib - tender and tasty, tuna tacos - yum
St. Louis ribs- fell off the bone, fish and chips -light and crispy

Connecticut
“Great Alternative to the chains”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been here several times, and I have yet to be disappointed. The food is pretty good, the wait staff friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. If you sit in the bar area, they have televisions at each table, as well as two big ones in the bar area.

They also have a prix fix (sp?) menu which is a very good option, it includes two salads, choice of entrees, desert and a glass of wine as well. The spinach stuff chicken breast (not sure if that's what it's actually named) is delicious and my personal favorite!

Great for a date or with friends/family.

• Visited January 2013