“Great food, terrible service!”
Review of Thai Gardens

Thai Gardens
Ranked #42 of 162 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I would give a 4 for food and 2 for service, so I averaged it at 3. I almost always order to go from this restaurant b/c the service is terrible. The staff are unfriendly and barely smile at all, service is slow, and if they make a mistake they act like it's your fault and you somehow inconvenienced them (I was brought the wrong entree once - the waitress sighed and rolled her eyes before getting me the correct order).

The food, though, is really good, my favorite Thai place. I always get the pad si ew with tofu (no egg), and I love the spring rolls and corn garden app. My advice is to call in a to go order and don't waste your time with the terrible service!

1  Thank JenniferE_1133837

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I don't know how this place is still in business. My girlfriend went here several years ago and it was mediocre then, but their still in business so we figured lets give it a try. Bad decision. The food lacks in all ways possible. I can only believe they make their money on take out from poor college kids who just don't know any better.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've been to Thai gardens many times now, and never am dissapointed. The food is always excellent. Most recently I tried the Dim Sum appetizer, and the Red curry with chicken. My husband had the crispy duck. The portions are massive- and all come with your choice of rice. We also got Pad Thai with veggies- and don't miss out on the Thai iced tea!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a difficult review for me as I used to live in the Middletown area for many years and adored this place. I at one time ate there weekly for several years. Returning back there on a visit we tried to be nostalgic. The Chicken entree had no more then 3 ounces of dried out Chicken slices, along with reheated vegetables. The wait service was terrible. We both ordered Rama Chicken and a bottle of wine. After a 20 minute wait we placed our order and got the food very quickly. The bottle of wine we ordered was brought to us opened and it was a Merlot Cabernet blend,not the Chardonnay wine we ordered. Upon sending it back a new bottle was brought after we had almost finished our dinner. This was some 15 minutes after returning the wrong wine. I cannot believe that this could be the same management that made this a fantastic place for so long. This place definitely had it's glory days but sadly they are apparently long gone.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Food was average for a Thai restaurant. Service was great. Not much of a drink selection.