“bang for your buck”

Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #19 of 162 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We gone to Puerto Vallarta many times. They have a few locations and although the Middletown location is probably the least fancy, it is probably our favorite. Good food, good drinks and great prices. Can't go wrong.Sometimes the wait on a Friday or Saturday evening is a bit long, it's well worth it.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The service was very attentive and the food was average. They need to work on their drink menu.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I went to Puerta Vallarta a few times and once time I will never forget. My birthday dinner! We went out got some very ok margaritas, and then had food. I ordered the Carne Asada and my gf ordered a burrito. They were both very good. The resturant is very authentic mexican but the food is tex mex. On your birthday they give you a sombrero to wear and then take a picture of you and put it on the wall. Its great to go back and see your picture and others also. The place is alot of fun and I really like it. Food could be better but its fresh and the resturant is a great place

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Went to the restaurant on a week night. Have been to their other locations before and enjoyed everything but here in Middletown we were disappointing in most everything. We were greeted and sat right away. The server was not very attentive the entire service. The food, we had the taquitos and nachos with chicken. The taquitos were soggy and no flavor. These dishes were cheesy messes with no taste what so ever. More cheese than anything else. With all the restaurants nearby we will not be coming back to this one.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Busy restaurant in the back of a strip mall off of the Main street of downtown Middletown. Typically very busy on the weekends and the first thing you will notice is the lack of a waiting area. They have a small service bar where they will serve those waiting for tables but it gets pretty tight in that corner by the door (not a fun place in the winter time).

The menu is very authentic. Not many places in this area serve mole dishes - this one has several as well as carnitas and steak tampiqueno. I selected the mole enchiladas which came out with a healthy portion of sides but I was a little disappointed in that the sauce was a bit tame - light on seasoning and flavor. I really like the enthusiasm of the wait staff - most will greet you in Spanish and do an excellent job tending to your needs.

I think I will give it one more chance and will try one of the other specialties. Let see!