“Upscale Pho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After Pho Mai closed, we were left without local pho so when I heard this place had pho we had to try this restaurant. We started our meal with shrimp and pork spring rolls which were fresh and lovely. Then we were served our pho (sirloin steak) and the meat was tender and delicious. The noodles in the pho were a bit thicker than I've seen at most pho restaurants but the noodles were perfectly cooked and I really enjoyed their flat noodles. The sauces for the pho were elegantly served which was unusual since most places simply find a bottle of hot sauce and a bottle of hoisin on the table. We were so happy to find excellent pho again. I'll be back for my pho fix.

2  Thank thegeekboy

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went to Lan Chi for a birthday dinner. It was my first time at a Vietnamese restaurant and it was very good. The restaurant has nice decor and a very relaxing vibe. My wife and I started with the Chicken Spring Rolls which were excellent. For dinner we both had a Pho variation; I had sirloin, my wife shrimp and scallops. It was good, but not truly memorable. Since I have nothing to compare it to I'm not sure if it was typical and just not my taste or not. We shared the Tuxedo Bomb which was a very good mousse and ganache based dessert.

Service was uneven. Our waitress was a bit absent most of the meal and we had to get her attention to order drinks and get the check. This may be in part because the birthday girl was late arriving. Also, the free birthday dessert was initially on our check. On the other hand, the owner (whose name I have forgotten) came by the table and chatted with us and was exceedingly nice.

I don't think I'd return as the Pho was nothing memorable and it seems that is what you should get at a Vietnamese restaurant. But if you are a Vietnamese food fan, you should check this place out.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Nice place with good food. Will go back when in Middletown. I had the Shaking Beef which was very high quality. The chicken spring roll was awesome. We also had beef with jasmine rice which was also delicious. Unfortunately their desserts were pretty much not available.

1  Thank 874World
Reviewed November 7, 2013

If you're looking for a quiet, serene and delicious Vietnamese dinner, I highly recommend LAN Chi. I found the wait staff to be both friendly and attentive. I went to dinner with a friend who wasn't familiar with Vietnamese entrees and took a while to go over the menu. I appreciated our waitress' patience.

For an appetizer I ordered their chicken skewer special and it was delicious. The appetizer is large enough to share with another person. For my entree I ordered the Lemongrass Chili Beef, which came with jasmine rice. The menu denotes the dish as spicy, but I didn't find the dish spicy at all (I do have a high tolerance for spice). My friend ordered the Lemongrass Chili Chicken, which came with jasmine rice and she also enjoyed her entree.

Our dinners were rich in flavor and also had a nice presentation, an added bonus for me! LAN Chi gets two thumbs up!

1  Thank Aaliyah M
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband, sons and I tried LAN Chi's for the first time this evening and we all loved it; even my husband who prefers simpler food. The server was friendly, funny and attentive. My husband and older son had Japanese beer to start and I opted for a glass of Riesling. We shared an appetizer which was a shrimp egg roll- like treat with large shrimp and spicy sauce. The owner (?) thought we waited too long for our dinners and brought out a complimentary Appetizer that was very good. We didn't think the wait was long, but we liked the appetizer. We will return and you must try it!

2  Thank Janet M