“Brooklyn in Middletown”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the hipster bar/ eatery of Middletown. As you sit you feel like your in a bar in Brooklyn. This place is always packed and even the bar area can get packed. The selection of drinks is amazing with a stocked bar of burbons and a menu filled with New York City style mixed drinks this gives the customer an array of options. Krusts drinks also leave you with quite the buzz, the bartenders do a great job. The menu for food is exotic with its pizza choices, but the pizza is subpar. The plavors are interesting and exciting and the oven they use gives you a different taste, but the reality is the pizza is a ok. This place is a must try escpecially for the drinks. The seating situation is horrible but what do you expect for a small wibe in the North End. Get there early and stay late and you can have a great time.

1  Thank Traveler860_203

Reviewed March 18, 2013

First let me start off with the service. Waitresses very rude, walked past me and my wife twice before they asked if someone was helping us. Waited 45 minutes for a table, so we waited at the bar. 2 drinks costed us $26.00 (2 glasses of wine) WOW. Male Bartender was also rude, I asked what they recommended and he tossed a menu at me. After getting to our table it was dirty, there was ply wood behind us and very drafty.Waitress came and took are order but seemed as though we were an inconveinence to her. We ordered a pizza and it was pizza, crust, sauce , cheese, very bland. I wouldn't step foot back in here. I don't see it lasting don't waste your money. Oh and one more thing. When our bill came even though the service was terrible we tipped the waitress, as we were walking away she gave us a dirty look as if it wasn't good enough. DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME.

3  Thank Dee J
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this new spot with a few friends, got there around 7:30 and the place was packed. After waiting for 10 minutes a host came up and said it would be about 45 minutes. We decided to wait since the very small bar had a very large selection. If your into paying $9.00 for a beer that is not fancy by any means go at it. After a couple very over priced drinks I glanced at my watch and we had been there an hour. After trying to get that hosts attention we asked a waitress and she said they are cleaning off two tables now for our party. After another 20 minutes another group had gotten our tables. When we asked the waitress who helped us she said she is aware we've even waiting ( a total of 2 hours by the way) and we need to realize its a small place and we would not be seated if we asked her again. Very rude service not to mention the bartender tool 15 minutes to look at us and get our drinks. I don't see this place lasting very long at all of the plan to overcharge customers on drinks and have very ride waitresses. We left and went to Eli cannons were it was also packed but we got a table in 10 minutes and ate within 20. I recommend Eli's over Krust.

4  Thank D722
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Read about Krust in the Middletown Press, couldn't imagine where it was, North End??? Been there since January??? What the heck! Thanks to the review I was able, just barely to find it and even better to find a parking spot right outside. Very hard to see glass eched name "Krust" above the door, outside of building was pretty dark. What a wonderful sensorial experience upon opening the door. The smell of fresh wood, mellow lighting, beautiful work worked walls! I was lucky to find a seat at a very busy bar. All tables were taken. Behind the bar is small, bartenders squeezing by each other. I was eventually given a menu, which due to the spare lighting was nearly impossible to see. I had to hold my phone up next to it to see the choices. Shroom Pizza was fanstastic! The bevy of creative drinks being made was very entertaining. It took quite a while to get a check and pay. A lot of people waiting to be seated. Bottom line - atmosphere has a very cool cosmopolitan feel, its fresh and new. I think a few details need to be ironed out but all in all very nice! Will go again and have been telling all my friends about it to their pleasure! Good Luck guys!! p.s. just get a little more light!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This new restaurant has a LOT of potential. It's only been open a month so service is confusing and hard to find. It's small inside so a wait for a table is at least 45min. Best option is to find a spot at the bar where you can watch the pizzas being made. Food menu is limited but focuses on what they do best! Drink menu is super cool. I had a chili cucumber and then hot basil martinis (I love spiciness) and I loved them. Ill upload a pic of the hot basil martini. I believe this place is related to the Eli cannon and Nora cupcake places right nearby (those cupcakes are the only desserts on the menu) but I guarantee you'll love the pizza and cool vibe inside! I'm so excited this place opened in my town!!

1  Thank jrtfoodie