“Lovely inn, comfortable rooms convenient to old-time Main St.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at Middletown

Inn at Middletown
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Middletown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Princeton, New Jersey
“Lovely inn, comfortable rooms convenient to old-time Main St.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Friendly curteous service from front desk to parking valet to breakfast waitress. Rooms were clean, with comfortable beds and traditional decor. Tasty, bountiful breakfast. Extremely convenient location in the midst of charming shops and restaurants and blocks from college.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank skisurfer17
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. You are correct in that we are so close to shopping, dining and the university that all you have to do is park your car and you are within walking distance to everything. Thank's again and we look forward to your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

The Inn at Middletown is a cute Colonial style building with great history. The Inn is located in quaint downtown Middletown within walking distance of shopping & restaurants. We requested a room with a king bed but upon arrival none were available except for a suite. The host was less than accommodating and only offered to upgrade with an additional fee. The room itself was decent size, clean & quiet. The room did not include a refrigerator which was a disappointment. The Inn has a pool, spa, small gym and a restaurant-Tavern at the Amory. The breakfast and service were excellent. The weekends at the Inn can be busy because many people chose to celebrate their weddings there. We were impressed with the majority of the staff however, one of our requests went unheard by a couple of the staff which made for an average review of this inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Inn with us. It appears that we did not entirely meet all of your expectations and for that I am truely sorry. All of the staff is trained to exceed guest expectations whenever they can and we fell short in this case. Please, the next time you are visiting in the area please try us again and let us exceed expectations.
fort lauderdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend wedding. Our room (suite) was very comfortable and we liked the bathroom amenities and the cleanliness. Room service was very prompt and the restaurant served good food - not fancy but tasty.
Everyone was very nice considering that the hotel was pretty crazy with at least two wedding parties staying there.
Must mention Joe who handled the valet service - he was so nice and accommodating especially considering the off and on rain.
I would definitely recommend the Inn at Middletown and would look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on trip advisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will let Joe know that he exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back in the near future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Cute hotel and great location if you're going to be in the area. The rooms were fine, but nothing more than that. Our room was rushed because it was a busy wedding weekend - it was reflected in the cleanliness of the room. The staff was all very nice, which adds to the place. It certainly has more charm to offer than the chain hotels in the area. Overall it was a completely fine experience, but nothing over the top. Service in the bar/restaurant area was slow.

Room Tip: Away from the pool area and off the first floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback concerning your recent stay at the Inn. I will certainly address your comments with the appropriate departments as it is important that we not only meet expectations but exceed them with every guest that stays with us. I hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.
northeast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very sweet and charming... great location, easy walking to Wesleyan campus and main street shopping - great shopping! and great restaurants. The town itself is warm and inviting as was the staff. Robert in particular was exceptional. We were there for a wedding which they seem to do many of... the food was good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Inn. I will let Robert know of your comments. You are definitely correct on your comments about our location. Main Street offers so much to anyone coming to Middletown for business or pleasure. Just park your car and forget about it as everything is within walking distance of the Inn. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
rome ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

This review is over due but perhaps you will understand why. My father passed very unexpectantly while we were all camping in N.H. on Aug. 12, 2011. There was about 45 of us visiting my Dad, between siblings, grandkids, cousins & friends. He was trying to beat cancer & had just had a agressive treatment. The treatment was too much for him & he just passed while in his camper at the campground. I know he was surrounded by everyone that loved him but it was still a shocker. We are from Middletown, CT oringally & that was where the funeral was to be & we needed a place to stay. The staff at the "INN of MIDDLETOWN" were more than helpful in our time of need & our overwhelmingly time of sadness. I first spoke with Stephanie, the front desk supervisor who was very helpful upon 1st contact. She made arrangements for our room for several nights & also assisted us with breakfast. We also had the pleasure of meeting Olga the front office manager, who as well made our stay as comfortable as possible under the circumstances.. We had breakfast on our stay at their own restaurant called: "TAVERN AT THE ARMORY" & we had a fantastic server (waitress) by the name of KARIN". She was awesome, on both days, & on our second day, she remembered everything the way we liked it from the day before. Her service was impeccable. She was always right there with more coffee or water or what ever we needed with out having to ask for it. I am a VERY fussy eater & my scrambled eggs were cooked to my satisfaction. & you are probably saying how difficult can it be to cook scrambled eggs, but I like my eggs very wet, soft & very few places can get it correct the 1st time but they were perfect. I also had the steak that went with my scrambled eggs & that was cooked med-rare, exactly the way I like it. & it was a fair size. My husband had eggs benedict & he enjoyed his as well.
Upon arrival, they do have a area that you can drive your vehicle to in front of their hotel for dropping your luggage off. We were met by the bellhop who kindly helped us with our luggage & suits for funeral.. The room was really nice, 2 large beds, tv, shower, phone, the norm. They got us a refrigerator as we needed to store medicine. The gentleman (maintainance man) who brought it to our room was polite and nice as well. They brought it to us promptly. No delays. They have a really nice swimming pool & a hot tub (spa) & never once said one word about us bringing our 4 neices & nephews to use it.(it was difficult for the grandchildren too & the pool took their mind off for a while) They provided us (the guests) with clean towels at the pool as well. You can also sit outdoors on the patio, near the pool.
What Im about to write is going to sound really strange but I'm going to write it anyways. First off I am not a religious person but I have always kinda wanted a bible to look at & call my own. On our last night, I open the drawer & saw the bible in it, as they always do in hotels & my hubby says just take it home. They expect people to take it home. I said I would never, EVER take (steal) a bible from anywhere. I said to my husband, I am going to call the front desk & see (ask) if what you are telling me is right. I called the front desk & I spoke with a DAVID & explained the conversation that took place between my hubby & I. David, said he thought it would be ok. I still wasnt sure...
BUT just another example of their good services... when we woke up in the morning & my hubby opened the door to leave our room & get complimentary coffee downstairs in the lobby, there on the door handle was a BRAND NEW BIBLE with a caring note on it that said, "from David & The Inn at Middletown" He did not have to go out of his way to do that & I never did get to see him to thank him, so I hope he gets to read this.
They also have a lounge , restaurant bar in their hotel & the bartender was pleasant as well.(fyi)
We'd like to thank the staff at the INN @ MIDDLETOWN for all of your efforts that you have done to try to make the passing of my 84 year old father a little easier to deal with.
Sincerely, Sunshine & Ray
Here is a picture of my Dad. PS. He & my grandfather built several houses in Middletown. Several street names he picked as he built the the houses on the streets. such as : Lorelei Circle, Jacobs Terrace, Berkley Road & I am also proud to say that my Dad & my Mom built from scratch in East Thetford, VT a campground called: Rest N Nest Campground. Look it up..

TY AGAIN

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It was so nice to hear that you were touched in such a positive way by every department and it makes me extremely proud as their General Manager. I will share this with my entire team as there are so many people to thank. I am so pleased that we were able to be of some comfort for you and your family during such a difficult time.
Middletown, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

My husband, son, and I stay there one full weekend per year. We like the fact our suite has two televisions. Our son takes the bedroom, closes the door while we have the sofa bed, main area with tv, desk, bar/buffet area of the suite. I noticed others posted comments on the dated decor, but we don't mind. The inn has a cozy atmosphere. It is larger than a Bed & Breakfast but smaller than a large major hotel. It is clean, quiet, and the staff professional and friendly with a since of tender-love & care. We enjoy the pool, work out area, and different restaurants along Main Street as well as Harbor Park. We usually invite guests for our son and ourselves to hang out with for a little while also. We've also given small parties at the pool patio area.The inn is in a quaint little town in New England-it is not in a big city, so it is just fine for us when we want a little quiet week-end-get-away from the house. We will continue our yearly visit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about you most recent stay at the Inn. We were all so happy to read that we were your home away from home if not only for a day or two. We look forward to seeing you and your family again the next time you decide to stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#2 of 4 in Cromwell
Passport Inn & Suites Middletown
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford

Been to Inn at Middletown? Share your experiences!