“Food and management disappoint”
Review of Anoho Asian Noodle House - CLOSED

Anoho Asian Noodle House
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We arrived on a Tuesday at around 11:45AM and were the first patrons though 4-5 tables were occupied by the time we exited. My wife and I each ordered a lunch special that included a choice of soup (miso, hot & sour or wonton), rice (white, brown or vegetable fried) and an entrée. We each chose the miso soup which neither of us enjoyed though I have never reference point to compare to. For an entrée my wife selected off the “Noodle It” section of the menu choosing Tokyo bbq with pork with rice noodles. The dish was tasty but there was very little pork or vegetables.

I chose the yellow curry sauce which is a new menu item with chicken. It was sautéed with pineapple, green pepper, tomato, onion and baby corn and accompanied by brown rice. It was listed as being spicy, but was actually pretty mild. There was good amount of vegetables and chicken.

Service throughout was very good. I had a $20 gift certificate purchased from SaveNowCt which I tendered against a bill of $19.57. Our waitress returned the gift certificate would not be accepted because we failed to spend the face value. There is no minimum spending requirement on the certificate and 2 other restaurants in similar situations chose to accept certificates while pocketing the difference. For a relatively new restaurant struggling to attract new customers, I feel the owner’s policy is ill conceived.

Overall, our meal was below average.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Recently visited anoho noodle house and their menu has expanded! Their wonton soup is one of the best I've had - the broth is so flavorful and the wontons are good. The noodles are very good - not greasy, has plenty of meat and vegetables. It is also very reasonably priced, esp. for lunch. This is definitely a go-to place for us.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Anoho is a great place to have an excellent lunch at a great price. The environment is warm and inviting, the menu is extensive with tons of options for noodles as well as chicken, shrimp and other dishes. The most difficult part is deciding what to eat. The Szechuan noodles had the perfect amount of kick to it. The portions are more than generous and the service is great. This was my second visit to the restaurant and I can not wait to go back.