“Great ziplines, and a lot of fun” 5 of 5 bubbles

Empower Leadership Sports & Adventure Center
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Middletown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: EMPOWER Leadership Sports & Adventure Center is home to Connecticut's only fully-guided zip line canopy adventure. EMPOWER's canopy course features over a half mile of long and fast zip lines, 2 "Indiana Jones" suspension bridges or 2 traversing elements (cargo net and multi-vine tight wire) and 8 platforms located 45-75 up in the forest canopy. EMPOWER professional guides pride themselves on keeping guests 100% safe 100% of the time; and are encourage, fun, supportive and entertaining. EMPOWER offers adventures for people from all walks of life; no group affiliation required and no-minimum group size for reservation. EMPOWER also features an array of group programming (corporate, school/camp, athletic teams and more)!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Ladera Ranch, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great ziplines, and a lot of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have zipped numerous times, and Empower was not a disappointment. There are 5 ziplines (no hand brake, you slow as you come into the next tree), and a rope bridge crossing challenge(see pictures). Our guides were Ally and Ryan and they were both great. They were efficient, and kept things moving with about 11 people in our group. After the ziplines, we did the scavenger hunt. This was also fun, and a good activity for the family (kids 13 and 10). Next time, we would probably add on the tree climb, which looked good as well. The one thing to watch out for during the scavenger hunt is the bugs, as we all had several bites afterwards. One nice touch is that they take pictures which you can upload after adventure.

Visited August 2012

CT
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Ziplining was soo cool to do!!! Felt like a monkey in the treetops!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I'm 42 years old and tried ziplining for the 1st time! What a thrill! Felt like I was floating through air! My family joined me and we all loved it; 15 & 12 year olds. The challenge half way thru was tough; cargo net & tight wire (other option was 2 plank bridges). My arms burned on the cargo net and my legs felt like spagetti on the tight wire. After two hours, we were mentally & physically exhausted. But it was great to overcome our fears and try something new that we will never forget. They also have a scavenger hunt thru the woods and tree climbing which we will try next time.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank innfor2
Wallingford, Connecticut
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A new well-run 'outdoor' business you should check out...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

My family has been there a few times now since this place opened. The zip-lining is great fun and we are so fortunate to have a place like this nearby to us. The only place I knew who had it was in Costa Rica (now that is quite an expensive trip to get to!) Great experience for parents and their kids or for a group of kids... or even a group of ADULTS! Serious team building :) Check it out, you'll be glad you did.

Visited September 2011
Davidson, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Defnitely Lives Up to It's Name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Our family had gone ziplining once before in Alaska and wanted to do it again and we were not disappointed here at all. Staff was terrific and made us feel very safe and encouraged anyone who was hesitant or fearful. Ziplines were fun and challenge course with cargo net and tightrope really lived up to it's name but really made you feel empowered when completed. We also tried the tree climbing and it was an incredible experience and one that we hadn't seen before. Was impressed to see clients of different ages and backgrounds, and there was an 8 year old boy in our group who is my new hero as he was able to do it all despite his age and size. Loved that the staff took pictures and posted them online within a few days that customers can download at no extra charge. Recommend this place wholeheartedly along with our teenage sons; we all had a blast and will definitely do it again.

Visited April 2012
Waterbury, Connecticut, United States
“BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

OMG,,I can not say enough nice things about this place,for my big 50 birthday my daughter decided to take us somewhere new and exciting that we would allways remember,when she ever told me zipplining I was a lil hesitant and nervous.On the big day when we arrived from start to finish it was the most fun I have had in a long long time,the two fantastic guides double Js (so sorry guys I can't remember your names) where helpful and with you every step of the way.Zipping over tree tops in the fall was an added bonus. If you have never tryed it by all means please go here,THEY ARE FANTASTIC AND I LOVEEEDDDD IT" Can't wait for my daughters birthday so I have a reason to go back,,,on second thought not gonna wait that long!! Thank you so much double Js for making my birthday so special!!!!see you soon.......Liz Angelicola

Visited November 2011