Empower Leadership Sports & Adventure Center
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Middletown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: EMPOWER Leadership Sports & Adventure Center is home to Connecticut's only fully-guided zip line canopy adventure. EMPOWER's canopy course features over a half mile of long and fast zip lines, 2 "Indiana Jones" suspension bridges or 2 traversing elements (cargo net and multi-vine tight wire) and 8 platforms located 45-75 up in the forest canopy. EMPOWER professional guides pride themselves on keeping guests 100% safe 100% of the time; and are encourage, fun, supportive and entertaining. EMPOWER offers adventures for people from all walks of life; no group affiliation required and no-minimum group size for reservation. EMPOWER also features an array of group programming (corporate, school/camp, athletic teams and more)!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Chicopee, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Empowering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

There is just something about having that control while you zip through the trees. It was a great experience and I cannot wait to do it again. You can have a pretty large group of friends (we had 12) hang out and do this together! I have looked at other places and this was by far the most affordable for tow hours of fun!

Chicopee, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Incredible fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

Our group had a great time. The guide were great and helped us get started. They made it easy to learn what to do and let us enjoy ourselves.

1 Thank Claire021977
CT
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Beware of Cancellation Fees”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Made an appointment for my 8 yr old son on a Monday and called the next morning to cancel when I saw that a hurricane was due to hit same day he was scheduled. The appt wasn't until Sunday. They refunded me less a $10 "fee" so beware of that should you need to cancel. That could add up if you have several people in your group.

Visited August 2011
Joe D, Owner at Empower Leadership Sports & Adventure Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
I understand the concern and would like to explain the policy. Our cancellation policy is in place to dissuade clients from canceling without good reason and to cover the costs of fees the company incurs with each reservation. As a reservation based business we work hard to fill each adventure tour that we offer. The $10 fee is only per reservation, not per person so regardless of the amount of people in your party, the fee is only $10 for canceling. For more information, feel free to call me at our office (860) 638-4754.
Northford, Connecticut
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“FACING YOUR FEAR EQUALS GREATER ENJOYMENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Went with a group of 7 friends/family. We were put in a group with 2 other couples. I think everyone was a little anxious waiting for the unexpected. After the initial safety instructions and getting "geared up" up we went with our 2 guides to the first platform. from that point on we all had a blast! The first zip takes you about 150 feet to the next platform about 50 feet in the air. A couple more 300 foot zip lines and your at your only decision of the day...climb across a cargo net and then walk across a "tight rope" holding on to "vines" or cross 2 swaying bridges. We pretty much split the group up and everyone was happy with whatever way they decided to go. At this point your hanging around about 70 feet in the air! Two more 300 foot plus zip lines and your safely back on the ground. Looking around everyone had a great big smile on their face! The excitement and enjoyment of the experience greatly outweighted the fear most of us had starting this adventure. Highly recommended!!!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank broseman
Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

I was planning a week 's vacation through the lower New England states and wanted to start off with something totally new and different...found it at Empower Zipline tours! I discovered it on the CT tourist website and decided it was now or never (am a 50's woman). My two young adult daughters joined and WOW..we loved it. The guides were very professional, friendly and gave off an air of "it's nothing, you can do it" and are we glad we did! It takes about 1 1 /2 hours to complete (and you never touch the ground during this time) swinging from tree to tree. I must say that I felt very safe in the staff's capable hands and would do it again in a minute..next time wouldn't be so nervous and take the time to "enjoy the view from 75ft up. They take digital photos the whole time, upload them on their website and you can then download them for free. FYI-have been operating about two years and I wish them luck as it was great!

Visited June 2011