“Delicious....sorry to see Brian go!”

Esca Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #25 of 156 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hartford, Connecticut
“Delicious....sorry to see Brian go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stopped in to meet a friend and met Brian the bartender. Very friendly and outgoing. We had two appetizers that were delicious and we just had girl time catching up on life. Brian told us he was just filling in and it was his last night. We wish him and his new baby well. He made our visit that more pleasant!

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Wethersfield, Connecticut
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I have enjoyed several meals at Escas. They have fabulous dinner selections for a nice night out on the town. We also love it for an inexpensive lunch. The paninis and flatbread pizzas are filling and tasty. Save room for dessert. Several options are to die for. I love the atmosphere, too.

• Visited February 2013
Meriden, Connecticut
“VERY BAD EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and i had an 7:30 resevation and by 8 we still had not been taken care of, not even a drink order.No one came to the table we were just sitting their. I called the next morning and was told to give them one more chance and that we would receive a gift card for our troubles. WELL WE STILL ARE WAITING FOR IT AFTER A MONTH. Thanks for the memories save your money and don't go here. You know who we are esca. VERY BAD SERVICE!!!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
Boston
“Great meal in nice, but casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I eat all over the world (literally) and this was one of the best meals I've had in a long time ... I literally wanted to lick my plate :) I had a seabass with crispy risotto cake and thin crispy onion strips for garnish ... just yummy! The atmosphere is a good balance of "nice" but not stuffy. Good for a business meal, date, or a family meal I was a guest so didn't pay attention to prices. Based on my meal, I can't wait to go back. I should mention that I was first here for a group dinner in December and the meal was just ok but not memorable one way or the other .... guess this is typical for a large group dinner but I'm glad I didn't judge Esca based on this experience.

• Visited March 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
“We won't be back. Service was awful!!!!!!!! Again. There are so many other options.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 7 and didn't get served until 915! Waitress tried to blame on the large private party upstairs, but she wasn't serving them. So why did it take her over 30 mins to even acknowledge us? Ordering took forever, drinks took forever, first course took forever, dinner took forever and wasn't as ordered. And yet, the bill came quickly and included an 18% tip! No recompense offered at all.

This was not the first time this has happened to us at Esca. But it will be the last.